Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ExpensiveRedHair47253
Beginner October 2021

Is it weird not to have to put down a deposit for hair and makeup?

ExpensiveRedHair47253, 21 of November of 2019 at 22:15 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm in the process of booking a hair and makeup lady for my wedding next year. She said she doesn't take deposits and can pay for the trial on the trial day, and the wedding hair/makeup on the wedding day (or day before if I prefer). She also said she can send me a contract if I like but otherwise the dates fixed in her diary.

I know this sounds a bit weird, but I'd prefer to pay a deposit as it feels more professional and less like she could just change her mind (i.e. take a more valuable booking) later?

I found her by picking up a business card in a local bridal shop. She has a professional website with a great portfolio, lots of images on her Instagram (and hundreds of followers) covering both bridal work and fashion/editorial/celebrity. She also has a Facebook page with a couple of hundred likes but only one actual review. There's a lot of testimonials on her website but obviously they could be made up! (Though I don't think they are)

She's also offered me a range of trial dates that are all Saturday mornings in the summer so I'm a bit surprised she's not doing more weddings or at least expecting to do more?!

I think I probably just need to ask for a contract and then perhaps ask to pay a deposit anyway?

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyRedDiamonds16252, 4 of December of 2019 at 09:54
  • andyandkirsty2012
    Beginner August 2026
    andyandkirsty2012 ·
    • Hide content

Not a bad thing. My Mrs has put a deposit down with 17 months to go! People will get booked up very quickly.

Congratulations on your forthcoming big day Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner
    HappyRedDiamonds16252 ·
    • Hide content

We believe bridal make-up is something which enhance your real, natural beauty not something which hides it. Makeup should bring out the bride’s features and make her look the most alluring version of herself.

Panache events has only those makeup artist on board who uses cosmetics to magnify the beauty that really exists. We have the makeup artist who make the bride and the bridesmaids look flawless and gorgeous on their big day.

Whether it be the professional air brush makeup, HD makeup, matte makeup, mineral makeup, natural makeup, shimmer makeup or the Smokey one, we provide the best services at your door step on your special day.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyRedDiamonds16252 ·
    • Hide content

We believe bridal make-up is something which enhance your real, natural beauty not something which hides it. Makeup should bring out the bride’s features and make her look the most alluring version of herself.

Panache events has only those makeup artist on board who uses cosmetics to magnify the beauty that really exists. We have the makeup artist who make the bride and the bridesmaids look flawless and gorgeous on their big day.

Whether it be the professional air brush makeup, HD makeup, matte makeup, mineral makeup, natural makeup, shimmer makeup or the Smokey one, we provide the best services at your door step on your special day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics