Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2022 Surrey

Is military discount a thing for suppliers??

Tish, 10 of April of 2022 at 19:52 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Hey fellow brides!
My H2B is serving personnel in the Armed Forces and when out and about sometimes we get a small military discount in eateries, attractions etc.
We’re not going for a full military wedding but he will be wearing his uniform for the ceremony and photos.I’m just wondering if anyone has asked about discounts before or if it’s not worth even asking about? I don’t want to ask and seem cheeky but also there’s that saying ‘if you don’t ask you don’t get’ haha.

5 replies

Latest activity by Georgie, 25 of June of 2022 at 00:29
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    It will just be a case of ‘if you don’t ask you don’t get’!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    If you are having a venue that is a chain group like Hilton then you may get one, small independent suppliers probably won't but I am of the opinion don't ask you don't get so is always worth it, I don't think is cheeky, them can always say no but they may just say yes!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you feel it's a bit cheeky to ask, just bring it into conversation. Most wedding vendors chat a bit about your wedding, what style you're going for etc, so it shouldn't be too hard to mention that your OH will be wearing his MILITARY UNIFORM on the day Smiley laugh And if they're the kind of place that offers discounts, that should be enough to get you one.

• MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    You could try it, but we mentioned that we were having a military wedding to all of our suppliers and no one gave us a discount, nor did we expect one. On the basis that you are generally talking to small businesses rather than big companies, it's highly unlikely it's a thing - I doubt they really have the resources to cover this!
  • G
    Curious October 2022 North Yorkshire
    Georgie ·
    • Hide content
    Always ask if they are able to offer any kind of military discount. If you ask in a polite manner, it never hurts to ask and you could potentially save some money.
    Also, don’t forget that not everything you get for the wedding will be through suppliers (stationary, gifts, shoes, accessories, etc). If you need to order anything online, have a look on Defence Discount Service first. The card cost £5 and lasts 5 years, but it pays for itself very quickly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics