Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner March 2013

Is my wedding too small to justify a band????

Nic78, 29 January, 2013 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 9

Ok ladies, since we booked our wedding last summer we were adamant it must involve live music. We decided on a duo as the venue is quite small and we are only have around 45 to 50 guests. But now that I am getting closer (6.5 weeks!!! Eeek!), I'm starting to worry that there wont be enough people there to really justify having a band playing and that it might end up a big waste of money.

What do you all think?????

Maybe I am just getting twitchy cos its so close now and am starting to feel a little overwhelmed by it all!!!

9 replies

Latest activity by JSuitsVox, 30 January, 2013 at 19:34
  • C
    Beginner June 2015
    Confused bride.... ·
    • Hide content

Im sure it would be fine :-)

Your guests would love it and Im sure the band have played to a smaller audience!

xx

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

NEVER!!

We're having 45-50 people and a live band. DO IT DO IT DO IT!

If you have a small venue too, they'll blow the roof off! ?

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

Go for it a band will be cool :-)

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

We just booked a two piece band- our day guest are 40 and between 70 to 100 total for evening (need to sort out the guest list still....)

We went to see them play on Sunday evening and it was a quite night but it was still a great atmosphere- it will be fine.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I don't think the numbers are an issue at all, however as someone else said, it's more the case as to whether your majority of guests are the type to get up and dance, I'd judge it from there.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I think it will be brilliant! No need to worry.

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

You'll be fine with a duo! A full band may have been overkill if it's a very small room, but it's only two people performing. I've sung for as few as 24 guests and it was still a full on party! People will love the live music, I promise.

James

• N
    Beginner March 2013
    Nic78 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - you have put my mind at rest. I have had a couple of wobble days this week but feel better today, especially with reassurance from here Smiley smile

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

A duo sounds perfect for that number, live music works with as little as two guests so don't worry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics