Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2009

Is Teal a good idea.......?

Mushy, 8 June, 2009 at 21:44 Posted on Planning 0 13

We're going dress shopping for my bridesmaid's dress on saturday but I wanted to ask you girls first about colours. We are getting at the end of November, so we're into late autumn/winter colours then.

I was thinking teal would be really nice...it matches h2b's kilt, suits my sister's colourings, would be nice at the time of year etc etc.

I'm just wondering if it's going to be a difficult colour to match to?

I was originally thinking teal and cerise pink but the pink won't match h2b's kilt, so that's out. Do you think dark red would be nice or would that not look right?

Or I could go for a red BM dress.....

I thought i'd get your opinion before ordering!!

thanks

Smiley smile

13 replies

Latest activity by Monkeybear959, 11 June, 2009 at 13:24
  • S
    Beginner May 2010
    sophy120 ·
    • Hide content

I wanted teal too but gave up and have changed to purple.

You can match shades of teal but its very diffucult to find anything that purfectly matches. you do need a second colour for flowers and things, i wanted pink but OH wasn't happy with that option, so we looked at white but that impacted the budget so i gave up.

its a great colour and if you have the patience with it to find matching shades and a complementing colour it will look stunning.

sorry not sure thats too helpful!

• summer_sparkles
    Beginner August 2009
    summer_sparkles ·
    • Hide content

Hiya. Teal is a lovely colour (actually my favourite) but I know that the hitchers who have had it as their colour scheme have had some trouble in finding things to fit it, there doesn't seem to be a lot of teal stuff out there.

We're having bridesmaids in red, I can post pictures if you want, and it seems to be much easier to find stuff for your wedding but a lot of people do have the same theme.

I guess it all comes down to how much time you have to search for things and whether you mind having a colour scheme that lots of others have. That probably doesn't help does it?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

(Shouts) kellllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

She'd jump and down and go, yes! Teals a fab idea!! LOLOL....

My Bms are in a winter colour - navy blue - in july!!!! I dont think the time of year really matters anymore, choose whatever you're happy with. But be warned, teal can be a tricky colour to match, ask Kelly!

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And probably sell you a load of teal stuff too!!

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

I love it as a colour, but as others have said, hitchers who chose it as part of their colour scheme often had difficulty matching items and finding the right shade! But if you want teal in your colour scheme, why not go for it!

• M
    Beginner November 2009
    Mushy ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou - all comments helpful!

You've confirmed my suspicions bout it being hard to match! I might move away from it...it's just so nice!

I don't know if I'll have the patience to make it work if it's going to be a struggle.

I'll wait to see what the colour looks like on my sis again on saturday...but if I love love love it still then I might have to go with it!

Oh, this is the first of so many decisions and Im struggling already!

I'm glad I found 'hitched'!

Smiley winking

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

How about teal and dark pink / purple -

I don't think it would be too heavy for Summer, it would look elegant.

x

• Cosmopolitan
    Beginner August 2010
    Cosmopolitan ·
    • Hide content

I agree with OLL, teal with dark pink is gorgeous.

• kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

DON'T PANIC I'M HERE!!!!!!

When I started planning my wedding in March 08 there was very little teal about so I was having absolute nightmares especially as I was very particular about the shade of teal I wanted.

However, since the autumn a lot of wedding suppliers have cottoned onto teal become a more popular colour for weddingss and there is a lot more of it about now.

My biggest advice is not to be too matchy-matchy. You are NEVER going to match two items of teal together because everybody's interpretation of the colour is different, and it will drive you insane if you try!

Not that I'm a flash whore, but if you want to get an idea of what teal can look like, my wedding photos are on here. Click on client proofing and enter crawford as the password. There are two sets for my wedding.

I may have won the Hitched award last year for "Most Awkward Colour Scheme" but I would never dissuade anybody else from using it.

I'm mostly over on the BT forum nowadays but if you need help sourcing something please give me a shout.

• M
    Beginner November 2009
    Mushy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that colour board OLL, the purple looks amazing with the teal! I just don't know if ill get away with it with H2B's kilt. I'm going to take the kilt with me dress shopping on saturday and actually try to match it to all these colours! It is mainly blue, with dark green, red, a bit of white & a bit of yellow! ha...sounds strange but looks fab!! Should be lots of choice for colour schemes in there but may be difficult.

Kelly - your photos are fab! Thanks for sharing ? You look beautiful! Everyone looked so happy & what a nice day you got. The teal looked great! I really like the teal cravats/ties the men wore....also like that your hubby had the ivory to match you, rather than the same as all the other men.

mmm...decisions decisions decisions! Im not good with them at the best of times!

I'm just going to have to go with my gut instinct on saturday when I see the colours on my sis. I'll let you know though 'cos I'll be needing one of those colour boards from ooh la la!

? x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Another teal and dark pink that I came across earlier and forgot to post.

Did someone mention Teal and Yellow?!?!

more here.

x

• Monkeybear959
    Beginner June 2008
    Monkeybear959 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mushy

Before we went for our brown and gold theme, we were looking at a teal and yellow theme... but we found the same as you, it was difficult to match.

We were going to have teal table clothes with a ivory organza overlay and gold/yellow table clothes with ivory overlay, teal bridesmaids, I was going to have a white dress etc and hubby was going to be in a yellow tie and a black suit.. We were even considering having cadbury flakes as favours with a teal label around the purple bit!!

I've found these though if it helps...

Teal and Ivory

Teal and Red

I know this one is for living rooms but I think the colours go well together -

Back to weddings!!

• M
    Beginner November 2009
    Mushy ·
    • Hide content

I really love the red & teal.

What about this

thanks monkeybear 7 ooh la la....lots of ideas there.

BTW my H2b is delighted i have found hitched! He is much more of an organised person than me - I am very last minute & sometimes too laid back about things. He was beginning to panic that nothing was decided on, never mind arranged. Now every time I come on the computer and tell him i'm weding planning, he's delighted! I'm actually enjoying it a lot more too....thanks!

• Monkeybear959
    Beginner June 2008
    Monkeybear959 ·
    • Hide content

Oohh mushy, I love it!! And might I say, stunning bridesmaid dresses too, perfect colours!

The blue has to be right otherwise it can look a bit too 'Miss Britain' or Britain's got talent!! hehehe.

Saw these invites and thought they were pretty!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics