Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2016

is there a jam jar table decorations flash?

PortisheadBride, 1 of May of 2016 at 12:14 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone

As the title says is there a table decorations mass flash thread on here? Ive been on pinterest but liking seeing real diy ones that are easy to make.....

Got Til March next year but need time to practice

Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Vixy1987, 9 of May of 2016 at 14:00
  • S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Don't think there is a mass one - think it depends on how you want to do them we did ours with different lace/string/hessian.

These had battery tealights in which went on wooden slices with milk bottle vases with flowers.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I love those Scottish Sarah - I haven't got a picture of all of mine yet, but might just have to now! I've bought a strip of hessian and lace from Amazon and glued it on to a range of different jars and added twine to the top - I'll update with a picture. I'm undecided on if they're missing something, so we'll see when I get them back out I guess!

What are people using theirs for? We're having small arrangements on flowers in ours Smiley smile

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I managed to dig them out to finish off some decorating, so here they are!

• P
    Beginner August 2016
    PortisheadBride ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely! I saw some little card making bits etc in poundland and sone taffeta and ribbon so might have a play when the next jar becomes empty!

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

I am aiming for something like this:

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrs.R.to-be ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ladies!!

i have been mostly absent for the past 18 months but now that I get married next month (18th June) I thought I would pop back to this forum... And saw this thread!! I made approx 40 jam jars and 20 bottles with hessian and lace - mismatched patterns and also different sized jars and bottles, with the intention of putting flowers in and dotting these all around the venue.

Will try try and add a photo. The jars in previous posts look so good!

(PS - the hot glue gun was a killer when I got hot glue on my nails and fingers!! Oww!)

xXx

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

That's mine and going for this look, got most them decorated now just need to spray more gold ones and distress the rest.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These look fab RachD - love them! Where did you get the jars from, we've been collecting jars at home but these are much better!

• P
    Beginner August 2016
    PortisheadBride ·
    • Hide content

Are those fresh flowers RachD? If they are faux they look amazing!!! Love the colours of the jars too

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Flowers are fake and where from Home Bargains for about £1.50 max, same goes for the mason jars they where under £1 each, paint from hobbycraft.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is very DIY so we have done some decoupage on jars, they just need some tidying up and some ribbon Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics