Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A

Is there any "drive thru" or "quickie" wedding chapel in London? Its for my crazy Italian friend and his mistress...!

AussieLegend, 5 of May of 2014 at 23:37 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone,

I am London based and I have a crazy 50+ years old friend in Italy who want to visit London for romantic trip and to have a 'quickie' wedding to his mistress.

He has asked me to find one in London. I don't know if we have them and whether its allowed? Does anybody know if there is a place where they walk in, fill the forms and get married? (legally or fake ones?)

I came across an old article that had 'vegas' style wedding in London in 2 years ago - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2243922/Londoners-flock-pop-Vegas-chapel-offering-free-weddings.html

Do you know if there is one in London?

Thanks,

London Based Aussie Bloke!

8 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 6 of May of 2014 at 12:42
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Erm I'm not quite sure if this is a serious post because you said 'legal or fake ones' but if anyone was to get married in the uk they need to give notice a number of weeks before the intended wedding date to be married by a registrar or have the banns read for (I think ) 6 weeks before a wedding in a church.

I'm sure you also need to be a uk resident.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

Certainly can't be done legally - Nevada would be the best option there - go along to the office, pick up a certificate and you're good to go anywhere. If he just wants some kind of ceremony but not bothered if it's legal then just get a mate to do it and print some papers off on a pc!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

No. And for very good reasons. Marriage should be taken seriously, not treated like a game.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If she's his mistress does that mean he's already married to someone else?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

For a legal wedding your mate has no chance. My OH and I are both British Citizens but live in New Zealand. We are unable to marry legally in the UK as we are unable to meet the residency requirements for marriage in the UK - at least 7 days residency prior to giving notice, plus 25 days after giving notice.......and that is as British Citizens, living in a commonwealth country, with applications for special dispensation from the British Consulate and the Registrar General of the United Kingdom.

I think it's fair to say a 'spontaneous' legal wedding over a weekend in London is not going to happen.

• Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well said Bekkijane!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yep, it ain't gonna happen legally. But maybe you could set up a fake one if you can find an actor willing to be a 'vicar', and print off some fake forms (as long as it's clear they're not real!) People, don't take this so seriously - just cos we're all (hopefully) taking our marriages seriously and marrying for the 'right' reasons etc, not everyone else has to. If this bloke has a mistress then chances are he's already married to someone else anyway, so it's fair to assume that he isn't invested in 'respecting the institution of marriage'.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I am happy to photograph a fake wedding although my rates remain the same!!!! ? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics