Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ATB
Beginner August 2014

Is this a suitable dress for a wedding guest? Opinions please!

ATB, 16 May, 2011 at 10:50 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm thinking of buying this dress for a ball I have in August but can only justify the cost if I could get some more wear out of it! I have two weddings next May, do you think it's ok for a wedding guest to wear a long dress like this? Or is it too 'bridesmaidy'?

Thanks for your thoughts! xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Gurzle, 16 May, 2011 at 12:19
  • NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I love it! I think it'd be perfect for any wedding unless if perhaps the colour scheme was that green colour and the other BMs had dresses on the same.. then it might be a bit awkward.. but otherwise, it's fine.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

PS; Its a beautiful dress! Where is it from?

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Its gorgeous.

I know what you mean - its a very 'dressy' dress. But I think it'd be fine for a guest at a wedding - i'd be well pleased if my guests made this kind of effort. x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS. Gorgeous dress.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WTS - its lovely!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress, fine for weddings. As long as the invitations weren't mint green....

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I'm in love with it! Don't know how it'll look accessorised with my bingo wings though!

I don't know colour schemes of the weddings yet but I'll know by the time they come round!

It's from Monsoon but on ebay. Still £135 though which I think is a bit steep, or am I just tight? Hence why would like to have some wears out of it!

x

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you are getting 3 wears out of it i think its a great price! Its really stunning, bet you'll feel fab in it.

I havnt put BM colour onour invites, I want it to be a surprise. Bright pink is a popular summer colour so I suspect quite a few guests will be in the colour but I dont mind - the dresses are veromia & i cant imagine anyone being in similar.x

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

I wore a long Monsoon dress to my cousin's wedding last year. I put a Monsoon bolero jacket with it (silvery colour) and didn't overdo it with the hair and jewellery and I don't think anyone thought I was competing.

I think it's a lovely dress but you're right, even on ebay they fetch a lot of money. Keep looking though because you may find another one which isn't quite so steep. Hard though, when you've fallen in love with it! But that said, if you're getting two or even three wears out of it almost immediately then it more than pays for itself, doesn't it. Doesn't it? Or is that just me Smiley laugh

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress, will look beaut I am sure. I am getting my BM dresses from the HIgh Street so I have to sort of expect someone to turn up in the exact same dress I think, never mind just the same colour, I don't think it matters at all on the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics