Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner November 2011

is this wedding ring 2 thin??

DTTB, 4 May, 2011 at 09:28 Posted on Planning 0 26

I was told I would have to pay a lot of money to have a wedding band made to fit my engagement ring, I then found this on the rox website for £295 (my ER is from their sister company lewis grant) I went in and tried it on and it fits perfectly but Im worried its too skinny and doesnt look like a wedding band? I want people to know Im married after all. Or do I pay £600 plus (more for diamonds in it), just to get a thicker band.

Heres my ER

26 replies

Latest activity by DTTB, 8 May, 2011 at 18:15
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Personally i think the sizr of it looks like it would work well against your ER so would go for it, you don't want it to be too thick and over shadow the ER!

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is really thin so I've hunted down a thin wedding band too - mine is just 2mm. If it suits your engagement ring then I think that's the most important thing x

• sarahjolley
    Beginner September 2012
    sarahjolley ·
    • Hide content

I think its lovely and really matches with ur engagement ring, cos you have a delicate ER i think a smaller wedding ring would suit more

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I think they look like they'd go perfectly - I like thin wedding rings

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    mrs_lewis_2b ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is 2mm.... I tried on all sorts of wedding rings and found that anything bigger than 2mm swamps my ER - I've ordered a 2mm band and it's arrived and looks amazing!! you can see very clearly that there are 2 rings - but they go together so nicely!

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

It looks just fine. Go for it

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, the wedding ring looks thinner than that in real life but you are all right bout not wanting it 2 ne thicker than my ER, off 2 rox at the weekend I think!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My ER is very simular to yours, almost identical i'd say, and my ring is also quite thin - only 2.5mm, and I love the effect.

Personally I don't like a lot of metal on shaped WRs, as they take away from the unique shape of the ER.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely. Go for it

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I think it looks perfect for your ER. Don't get hung up on what you should have. Have what you want!

FWIW I am having a plain 2mm band... it is thin but it will be sitting next to my ER so the two together will look perfect.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Not sure how thick mine is but it is quite thin and I did worry it would get "lost" under my e-ring. But when I tried on thicker rings they just looked crap.

My e-ring is white gold and my w-ring is yellow gold and I like the contrast, plus it makes the w-ring stand out more... would it be worth you trying the w-ring on in a different metal and seeing if you like it? My admittedly silly reason for having different colours is so I can always wear either silver or gold jewellery and still 'match'!

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

I think it's beautiful. I don't think you need to worry about it not looking like a w-ring. The diamonds in it will make it stand out from your e-ring when it's on so that everyone will be able to tell you're a Mrs!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

A genuine question from a confused guy.

Why does the engagement ring "have" to be bigger and shinier than the wedding ring? Surely the wedding is more important than the engagement?

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

He's only doing it to wind people up, again!

He obviously doesnt have a life...

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Firstly - I think it's the perfect size. Im having mine to be the same width as mu ER . On it's own it looks like a piece of a washing machine or something! haha - but together it looks great. I will then (hopefully) have an ET the same width but BLINGED TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!

Re AJ - I dont think they do have to be? Not sure who said they did either. Also - it might have been helpful to address the OP.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Not aimed at anyone in particular, and most definitely not a 'wind up'.

From personal experience it seemed that wedding rings could be bought for like £30 from Argos and are often simple plain bands, but engagement rings always seem to have big stones in them.

• Starlight85
    Beginner June 2011
    Starlight85 ·
    • Hide content

I think that your engagment ring will look lovely with that weding ring, I don't think its too thin at all. Alot of people (inc me) are going for slightly more decorated and less tradition wedding bands.

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

An engagement ring is just the same - it can be as expensive or as cheap as you like.

And you can get a wedding ring in argos for £13!!!! BARGAIN!

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I was told in all the jewellers I saw that your engagement ring should be the focus on your hand and that your wedding ring shouldn't detract from it

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I love that! It is precisely the kind of thing I have bee hunting for as my ER is very similar to yours. Go for it!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tis not true... My wedding band is 4mm, my engagment ring is 3mm at the back, 2mm at the front!

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

My ER is from lewis grant and the wedding band from rox, they are sister companies, although lewis grant told me they had no matching bands.....cheeky so and so's!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics