Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DrBuffles
Beginner August 2014

is this worth £600?

DrBuffles, 19 of February of 2014 at 11:09

Posted on Planning 59

Whilst googling my venue to get inspiration I came across this image. I contacted the supplier for a quote and it's £600. They put it up and take it down for us. Do you think it's worth it? I'm blinded by how pretty it is and can't make a rational decision!

Whilst googling my venue to get inspiration I came across this image. I contacted the supplier for a quote and it's £600. They put it up and take it down for us.

Do you think it's worth it? I'm blinded by how pretty it is and can't make a rational decision!

59 replies

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, that is cheeky Smiley laugh

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely this! That is the prettiest flash I've seen and I am a little bit in love with the venue. Do it, do it, do it!!!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Amazing lights, if you want them cheaper you could try to negotiate a discount? I done this with my venue and as I say if you don't ask then you don't get lol x

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I would HAVE to have it after seeing it.

Have you booked it?!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not yet.

Im im pretending to think about it!

Id id say there is a 99%chance it will get booked this week. I'm so rubbish at saying no to myself!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Haha, when else in life could you do it? Let us know when you book it Smiley laugh

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

*slowly tiptoes in and whispers...* I don't like it.

My initial thought was "ooh sparkly", and it is pretty, but actually I think it detracts from the room. The room is pretty enough and it takes focus away from all the other lovely features, I think it's a bit overpowering. If it were me I'd rather put the £600 towards lots of little decorative features, rather than one big one. Just my opinion though!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

First thing I thought was 'Can I buy this myself, hang it, enjoy it and sell it afterwards'?

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those lights would make for some nice bokeh balls Chris!

I would book it if there is room in the budget DrBuffles.?

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to admit, most of my wedding shaped online purchases have been bought in this manner.... My secret hides whole is overflowing and am desperately practising my "no the florist threw those in for us" and my "I negotiated those with the venue at that meeting you didn't come to....." Hhhmmmmmmm may need more work lol!!!

i adore the lights, but I would look around for anything similar that's cheaper 1st and then perhaps use the lack of choice out there as reasoning to order them as they're so "unique" lol :-) good luck with whatever you decide

xxx

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

I'm 90% sure we went to see this venue x

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I love it! Gorgeous!

We hired 170m of fairylights from this place (https://cinemattag.com/) fro £129 which included courier delivery and collection. It was cheaper because we put it up ourselves

Might be worth contacting them for a quote? They were fab for us

If no good, I'd definitely follow FTLOMBs advice!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your honesty Peanut. When I read your post I went back and looked at the picture and I can see that you do have a point.

I will think about it some more.

Kjay was egging me on!!!!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I like it, but think it could be 'fuller' if you know what I mean. I think it would lovely once it was dark though. I do think Peanut's point is a good one though. I'd not have it, wouldn't want anything distracting from my lovely chairs!

Sorry to de-rail, but Canary do you have flash of your fairy lights in action, I wanted some but didn't think they'd go with my hall and bunting!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do indeed! It's taking ages for them to load so here's the link to photos - if you head towards the end and the evening section, you can see them in action

https://issuu.com:443/hannahmillardphotography/docs/stephmat

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Ah fab, I'd never seen them across the way before. That company look good, I want everything though!

My caterer is keeps suggesting a venue dresser woman he's associated with, so it's making me determinded that my DIY option is going to look fantastic!

• LoveHimMegaMuch
    Beginner August 2014
    LoveHimMegaMuch ·
    • Hide content

Super pretty! If I had the spare cash once all else was paid for I'd def go for something like this Smiley smile xx

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sorrrrrrry!!! I bloody love lights tho!

• B
    Beginner March 2014
    babybl00 ·
    • Hide content

ATB, not sure where you are getting married but have a look at pictures of Three Sisters Bake, Quarriers Village for fairylights with bunting. Beautiful!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's lovely but not worth the price - I aslo think the room is lovely enough that youdon't need it - althoguh this is coming from someone who has bought anything and everything and has gone WAY over budget so I guess I should take my own advice.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Ok girls I'm still agonising over this.

I've spoken to the mother who just said 'well you are in charge of the budget darling' and the groom to be who is worse than I am for making a decision and is so used to me doing whatever I want anyway that i think he was a little taken aback I was even asking him! He has no veiw either way apparently. He likes them but his world would not end without them in his life - he has no passion!!!

I've tried haggling. She really really won't budge. I can understand why - as someone else said I wouldn't get out of bed for less than £150. I found another supplier who are cheaper but they are booked up

I spoke to the lady at my venue to speak to someone who had seen them in action and wasn't trying to sell them to me and she said they do look very nice and make a great statement. She sent me some more pics but now I'm concerned because the first picture I had is very warm yeallow light but these are cold and white which I'm not so keen on. I've asked original lady if these are hers or the other supplier because hers looked more yelow so waiting to hear back on that.

Budget wise I do have one but I don't in that I have an amount that I'd rather not go over but it's not the end of the world if I do.

ARGH, what would you do if you were me?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

If you have the money and you'd regret not having them then I'd go for it, if you've been agonizing over them this much then you must really want them!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I'm still not keen, but if I were you I would go for it. Just because it's clearly something you love and really want. If budget isn't a huge issue and your H isn't concerned by the cost then you might as well just go for it!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree. It's beautiful, but actually I don't know if it suits that venue. The room is stunning without it.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

How would you feel now if you contacted her and she was now booked for your date? I ask because this happens all the time.

If you would feel gutted, then contact her and make sure you book her first ?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

If it was me I would go for it, when I want something and clearly you do want it then I would just do it.?

• ApricotTree
    Beginner December 2013
    ApricotTree ·
    • Hide content

Fairy lights make a lovely backdrop for night time photos Smiley winking

I really like the warm version and would totally pay £600 for it! I bought a tonne of fairy lights for ours and strung them up as we DIYd everything (even the food) - the venue even bought them off us after.

Then again - my venue wasn't that pretty!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics