Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner February 2016

Is wedding insurance a worth it?

notlongnow_ooooo, 30 of September of 2015 at 15:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

Helloooo, just wanted to hear others advice on wedding insurance? I was advised by a friend to take it out, but not im worrying and panicking that things are going to go wrong! ?

Do you think its worth taking it out? Have you, are you? And if so, any recommendations on companies to take it out with?

Any advice appreciated!

xx

4 replies

Latest activity by misslynx, 30 of September of 2015 at 16:32
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I haven't taken it out as I'm marrying abroad and the venue is only a small part of the holiday. If I was marrying where I was spending thousands on a wedding then yes I would go for it for peace of mind. Just in case someone took my money and then went bankrupt or for if for any reason the wedding couldn't go ahead on the day planned.

i think you can only do it a certain time before the wedding but others can put you straight on the details.

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Yes, if you are spending thousands on your wedding then another few quid for insurance is a drop in the ocean.

I used Dreamsaver wedding insurance and for under £40 had the Gold package which was ample to cover the cost of our wedding.

For peace of mind, it's worth it x ?

• N
    Beginner February 2016
    notlongnow_ooooo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jayne and Kilner, ok so I decided to go ahead, you're both right, better to be safe than sorry and for peace of mind a few more pounds will put my mind at rest! I checked out Dreamsaver but decided to go with this company as it was a bit cheaper than Dreamsaver and it seems to cover everything http://www.weddingplaninsurance.co.uk/wedding-insurance-cover-levels.html

I got 5% off too which all helps! woop woop! http://www.360vouchercodes.co.uk/weddingplaninsurance.co.uk

So thats another thing ticked off, well it wasnt actually on my list but ive added it and ticked it off! haha ?

xx

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

I have weddingplan insurance (Gold) and with 10 days left I am glad I took it out.

My OH was made redundant and because we have paid most things off, we are continuing with the wedding. However, if this had happened 4 months ago we would have had to cancel/postpone and the insurance would have come into use.

I know it also covers extreme bad weather stopping people attending/issues with the hotel such as murder investigations etc - those things totally out of your control!

I thought silver would cover us, and read about going a level higher than you think you need, so I went for gold instead.

Silver wouldn't cover all the costs of our wedding now, so I think this was excellent advice! Worth making sure your insurance covers your total wedding costs easily :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics