Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_T2B
Beginner May 2011

Is Wedding OCD possible?

Mrs_T2B, 23 August, 2010 at 17:12 Posted on Planning 0 15

A bit of a daft topic and really no need to reply but do you think wedding OCD is possible? ?

Everyone keeps on saying that we are TOO organised! Our wedding is next May and we only have flowers, BM dresses and Invitations to sort out. Okay so yes everything is sorted (even sorted our Toast today....well ordered it ?) wayyyyy in advance but surely that's better than a last minute rush.....right?

I'm a fairly organised person and couldn't imagine having loads left to do in the run up to the big day. I imagine that last couple of months are stressful enough in themselves without sorting out other stuff!

Has anyone else considered that they may too have Wedding OCD?

15 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_T2B, 24 August, 2010 at 13:41
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I think it's possible!

All I think, dream and talk about seems to be wedding related. I start to annoy myself! Everyone around me has another 15 months of this too.

We've booked the ceremony and reception venues, ordered Save The Dates, started making my bouquet, started making table decorations etc etc.

I'm gonna have the serious blues when this is all over, I wont know what to do with myself! Smiley sad

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

I have it! But finally made OH realise it's not that far away as idealy(sp) I want all our RSVP's back by the 22nd August next year, so 364 days time lol

• K
    Beginner May 2011
    kaz9274 ·
    • Hide content

Snap, I am so organised tooI have even had my dress for over a year already!!

I like everything to be sorted luckily everything I have organised has been what I wanted however I cant have any the bands I like as they are full and I have left it too late as I am being told!!

Good Luck with the rest of you planning (9 months wont be long coming round) x

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I'm next may too.... only got the favours and a photograph board to sort out!!!

I think its good to be organised!!!!

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

I think Ive been organised!! I have a list of about 13 things left to do but everything else is ordered or in place with just over a month to go. I've probably forgotten something REALLY important though...!!

• Kalin
    Beginner May 2011
    Kalin ·
    • Hide content

lol, same here you can never be too organised lol xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yep I get it every week when I do a Wedding!! ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Lol, I'm terrible too. Should we have a 'mental May 2011 brides' thread?? ahaha<p />We've already got rings sorted, STDs on their way, table plan drawn up, centrepieces planned out, a track list for music, food and drink organised, I'm starting my dress mock-up this week too and going to start practicing the origami flowers for my bouquet. Oh, and I already have my veil, tiara and necklace....

There are some bits I can't do until probably after Christmas, and it's making me very anxious! There's no point ordering my sons' suits now because they're only 5 and 4 so may have massive growth spurts yet. Same with my daughter's flower girl dress really. She's 20 months now so in 8 month's time she might be much bigger or still a little tiddler!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's a bad thing... haha.

I am also very organised (although still have over 100 things on my to-do list!), and my mother keeps going on at me to "put the wedding organising to one side" but what she fails to realise is that OH goes to Afghan 4-8 weeks after the wedding and so nearer the wedding i'll be wanting to relax with him - she is so infriating!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I have OCD anyway and it went into overdrive with wedding planning!

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Me too, I'm a bit wedding OCD too. I have loads done and even if I haven't bought something I'm in the process of finding and buying! And now I find myself starting to snap if I don't get instant replies. For example 2 nights ago I asked OH what he thought of harpists at weddings? Cheesy or lovely? I still don't have an answer. Last night I asked him whether he prefered cards or magnets for our STDs and guess what, still no answer. So that's it, I asked for his input and he didn't give it so I'm just gonna go ahead and order it all. I want an answer and I want it NOW when I ask a question ?

So in answer to your question it's perfectly fine. You carry on girl!

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Haha, thanks ladies ? I some how knew i would get this reponse. It's so fun wedding planning I'm just dreading when it's all over I'll have nothing to do.

Maybe baby planning will be appropriate ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

A friend put it perfectly when she said after her wedding that she needed consoling once she'd realised she would never be a bride again and would always just be a wife, lol

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Lol, bless her. It's scary thought not having anything to plan for. Hopefully we will be buying our first home together and then fingers crossed 'successfully' trying for a baby ?

I'll see you all in Baby Chat ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics