Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little Madam
Beginner

Is your wedding website password protected?

Little Madam, 22 April, 2011 at 19:11 Posted on Planning 0 8

Ours is at the moment while we develop it, but i've not put a password on the invites, just the address.

Would you tell people the password as you hand out the invites, or disable password protection altogether?

TIA

8 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 24 April, 2011 at 09:22
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We haven't bothered with passwords, mainly because we weren't sure how to do it!

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

We have for ours, so that they can RSVP securely. We included it with the invites.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We have a password , because we don't want anyone to access it if it comes up on a google search. We've put the password in the information we're sending out with the invites.

(BTW ticker says 6 months today - eek!)

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Ours isnt but wish we had put a password on it as we had complete randoms book rooms at our hotel under our reservation number ? (getting cheap rooms courtesy of us AND taking up our allocation!) good job I checked! I have now had them removed from our allocation!

I did try searching for certain words in google to try and see if it came up but it didnt so GOK how they came across it!

xxx

• Nolan2B
    Beginner April 2011
    Nolan2B ·
    • Hide content

Yes we have a password & I included it with the web address on the invites I didn't want just anybody to be able to look at all our info.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Ours is not password protected, but I have tried not to put too much 'sensitive' information on it! Our email address is there and I say to email me for the hotel code (which we also put in day invitations). We haven't used last names so it shouldn't show up in Google either.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I've tried to be careful about what I put on, but the wedding date, our first name, the church and the reception venue are all on there, so i'm worried about people finding that out - saying that, what would they do with the info anyway - we know the reception venue and the church quite well, so no issues with someone trying to cancel our wedding etc.

We don't have anything else that's personal - there is a "contact me" email address which I may change to one which isn't my usual address to beat spam etc.

Thanks for sharing everyone.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It will fly from now on!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics