Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

atlonglast
Beginner November 2010

Isle of Lewis wedding tradition... ((Flash)) bit Yuck!

atlonglast, 13 November, 2010 at 22:15 Posted on Planning 0 8

I thought we would be immune to this tradition as me and Mr D are English. But i recieved word that Mr Ds friends were trying to arrange a Bride and Groom parade. Well i contacted his friend and said it was impossible for us to do it with three kids and no family to look after them. But i did offer my H2B up as bait...lol.

So today i we went to town for a bit of shopping and my eyelash extension appointment and as we approached our car he was ambushed. See the results below, its gross! Once they had him tied up they drove around the town with about 5 cars following behind honking their horns. Brilliant fun..hehe

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bass, 14 November, 2010 at 11:47
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha brilliant! Bet it took him ages to get clean again!

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

As disgusting as that is, it seems like such good fun and a great tradition to have! Would never ever get me to do that though mind you! Are you sure it's not going to happen to you separately when your OH can look after the kids instead?

xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Is that what they call " Blackening"? I have seen a few Brides who have this done & it looks vile!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

OMG he took it so well!! He is even smiling!

It does look like a lot of fun for the onlookers but I seriously would not find that funny in the slightest if it was done to me!

Where did they do this? Is the street? Surely not in full public view?

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

No am i safe from it. Thank goodness.

It was done at the back of a BT building, he and his mates are Bt employees. Then he was taken in full public view very slowly around our town. It was brilliant, other cars beep their horns and everyone on the streets wave and cheer. I even saw an old woman lift her walking stick in the air waving...lol

He loved it.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I miss the beeping of horns in Lewis. I stayed there for a few months years ago. I have always wondered how it has got on with out a woolworths. That shop was the pinicale of the town. Your hubby took it very well.

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Uuuurrrgggh!! lol

What is that they poured all over him???

Looks like he took it in such good spirit!

Bet your so glad your immune arent you??!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

OMG i'd be totally freaking!! Behind the BT building, around town... EEk I wouldn't be impressed! Well played to your H2b for taking it so well, and bless the old woman and the walking stick! haha

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Nicely doddged!!!

i think another hitcher had this done, was it deb?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics