Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amybethxox
Curious December 2021 Essex

It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow but it will happen ...

Amybethxox, 23 of September of 2020 at 15:48

Posted on Planning 43

Hiya, So I got engaged in July and planned to get married on the 5th June 2021, with 200-250 people (biggg families!!)! I am really struggling with how to move forward, I’m sure like many brides-to-be, but I guess my question is, do I just accept that the wedding of my dreams won’t happen and adapt...
Hiya,
So I got engaged in July and planned to get married on the 5th June 2021, with 200-250 people (biggg families!!)!
I am really struggling with how to move forward, I’m sure like many brides-to-be, but I guess my question is, do I just accept that the wedding of my dreams won’t happen and adapt or do I wait and try again for the dream wedding ?
There has been so many posts that have been inspiring and so positive. We are all going through a crazy journey but I wonder if there’s a space for a group of women- who want to - get together and just support each other. Maybe through WhatsApp or insta? Let me know if you’d be up for sharing this crazy journey with other brides-to-be and build a community, within the hitched community.Amy x

43 replies

• RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is june 2021 and after 2 years of planning we are just pushing ahead. No one knows what will be by then but at this point we are refusing to put our lifes on hold any longer. My family is coming from abroad so if there is a travel ban that would be the only reason to reschedule for us. Our original plan was 80 day/120 night guests but if we have to do 50 we can, friends and family will understand. Anything less would be challenging but tbh I marry the man I love so if its 30 then its 30 with a smile and the knowledge that its just one day in our amazing life together. And that we are lucky to be healthy and got each other. No one knows at this point what will be in 8/12 or even 24 months(if the ban persist many more venues/caterers/bands.. will go out of business too). If people are worried about next year and thinking about rescheduling I get it. But then I would think rescheduling well into 2022 is the only thing that makes sense. Because autumn/winter 21 with colder weather might just be another wave like this year..... not better than summer 21 after all
  • Katie
    Beginner August 2022 Swansea
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    I got engaged in January 2018 we booked our wedding for may 2021 and were planing a big disney themed wedding, tried to stay hopeful but with our venue being so expensive and very popular and our guest list was already as small as possible with 50 day guests and 100 in the evening which is already very small for our venue and to reduce that to 30 then again to 15 when the venue space is massive for up to 1000 people we decided that although we hope it's over by next year we felt it was best to postpone to August 2022 and pray that we can have the wedding we both dream of
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    Savvy August 2021 Cardiff
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm panicking now as we're booked for end of March 2021 - since lockdown I can't book anything so if it does go ahead it'll be a rush job. We've told everyone the date but have held off sending invites - what if they reduce numbers again to 15-20?

Happy to move the date but Groom wants to stick to what we've booked.

• T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls,

So glad to have found this thread. I'm in the same situation and don't know anyone else IRL who is (all my friends got married in the past few years with normal big weddings - lucky them!). I totally sympathise with all your worries and uncertainty.

We're due to get married in early May 2021 with circa 100 guests. We've booked almost everything and paid deposits, and almost all suppliers have agreed to be flexible if we are forced to postpone due to Covid restrictions.... I think that's the best we can do for now. Make sure our contracts/terms with suppliers offer flexibility in the case of postponement, and be open to the idea of postponing the party. I can't get insurance in any case so hoping the suppliers don't go bankrupt in the meantime Smiley sad .

I think if covid restrictions are still in place, we'd still do the small legal/religious ceremony in May 2021, then have the party when it's possible... but not put life on hold! Like some of you, I'm in my mid 30s and keen to start a family soon, so I don't want to postpone life forever!! We'll probably make a decision on postponement around March 2021.

Sorry for the long message!!

Would be good if we could keep each other updates as to plans, tips, coping strategies etc Smiley smile

xx

• Amybethxox
    Amybethxox ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya,
    I’m so glad people have responded to this post as it has definitely bought a lot of us together with similar questions/worries.

We have made the decision - today- to postpone for 5th June to 24th July 2021. Now there are only 6 weeks between them but that could be a big period of time in terms of numbers/circumstances so we’ve taken the jump. We have also decided that IF we are unable to have the amount of people we want, we will still go through with it in July.
    Please do keep us all updated whilst we go through this journey together ! X
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that's good! We have visited the venue in Cornwall today and booked that in and the photographer so we are now having champagne to celebrate as it feels really real now x
  • Amybethxox
    Amybethxox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah congratulations!
    I had the same ‘it is real!!’ moment yesterday.
    What is your ‘next step’ in organising/planning ? X
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well we also met with/booked out photographer today, ceremony is booked with registrar, I have my dress which I just need to get altered so just getting rings & finding him a suit really!
  • Amybethxox
    Amybethxox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww you have sorted so many of your ‘important’ elements !
    How did you pick your photographer ? We are finding it hard lol c
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I reseached a few in the local area, liked her style of photos, was in budget and will provide exactly what we want, we don't want overly posed photos, just natural shots which she does. Met with her today and her and her partner were just so lovely, really down to earth so we know we've made the right choice x
  • rxooo
    Beginner April 2022 Gloucestershire
    rxooo ·
    • Hide content
    Hey Amy,

My story is a little bit different due to get married spring next year but my fiancé family and friends from Australia and we don’t know if they will be able to fly end of this year.. we may have to postpone till 2023 which is so sad as didn’t really want a long engagement ( got engaged last year)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics