Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I love shoes
Beginner July 2008

It really is one thing after another with this house...

I love shoes, 7 June, 2009 at 09:04 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Some of you may remember our issues with the boiler and then the washing machine in this rented house.. Those issues have now been rectified but now there are another 2 which have become evident this weekend (why is it always 8pm on a saturday night when these things become evident??)

Last night Dr Shoes went to get some ice cream out of the freezer and shouted up to me 'I think the freezer door has been left open or something, everything is defrosting' I went down and we both were checking the fridge / freezer and we realised that even the fridge wasnt working properly - even on fast freeze the motor wasnt kicking in...

Luckily we had our freezer in the shed so we bought that in from outside and transferred everything over to it - the fridge is still a problem though as there isnt space in the house to put our fridge as well as the freezer..

The other issue is with this really heavy rain were having at the moment, it would appear that the guttering above the back door is knackered or blocked and the water is pouring down the wall across the bathroom window and onto the bit of covering between the house and the shed (corrugated plastic to form a little porch), it is now pouring through the sealant on this covering and flooding the area directly outside the back door so we cant go out there without getting drenched..

Were lucky in that the letting agent are open today but they seem a bit incompetent (makes us wonder why LL is paying for them to fully manage as she has ended up sorting the last few things out herself) so I will ring them later and see what they say

2 replies

Latest activity by I love shoes, 7 June, 2009 at 16:26
  • Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

Could you put your Freezer in the shed plugged in (is there electric out there?) and have the fridge in the house?

How high is the guttering? Could you get on a chair and see what's heppening up there, might be something simple (obv you can't do this if it's high up)

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

If it's not a chest freezer you could stand the fridge on top of the freezer. We did that when we rented a flat that didn't have room for both.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

• I love shoes
    Beginner July 2008
    I love shoes ·
    • Hide content

Well there was no answer from the letting agent - will get Dr shoes to ring tomorrow

The guttering is roof height and we dont have a ladder long enough, hope it doesnt rain too much tonight

There is also no electric out in the shed, which is a pain or we could have left them both out there. Bowski - we could stack them but as the freezer is currently in the living room (no more room in kitchen) its a pain enough having the freezer in there, with wooden floors the freezer sounds really loud

The fridge seems to be fine now but for now we have transferred all food into our freezer, will check again in the morning...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics