Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

It would have been my 2nd wedding anniversary today

Scarlet Fifi La Voom, 28 of July of 2009 at 09:38 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Well we would have been married for 2 years today. His on holiday with the woman that caused all this, even though obviously she’s not 100% at fault with the ending of our marriage.

A little part of me seems sad, but the rest just feels like it’s a normal day and actually have been laughing about it.

Just think I am waiting for it to hit me today, but not sure if it will or not.

Am working my 2nd job today so at least that will keep me busy until 10pm tonight.

On the plus side, we are talking a bit more, and are starting to sort out all our debt which does need sorting. He seems to think it’s ok to text about it, but I refuse to do that when we are talking about money and things can get easily misconstrued that way. This way that won’t happen.

Is it normal to feel like this?

2 replies

Latest activity by Diefenbaker, 28 of July of 2009 at 12:21
  • H
    Beginner
    Headless Lois ·
    • Hide content

I think it's normal. My first marriage barely limped past the first anniversary - by year two I couldn't remember the wedding date (had it narrowed down to 2 days). I wasn't in touch with my ex past sorting out our flat, and we did everything by post rather than talking.

L
    xx

• Daffy B
    Daffy B ·
    • Hide content

I think it's normal to have mixed feelings, you've been through a life changing event but that doesn't mean you can't think about it rationally and laugh about it after, or even during, things. I'm really tired and I can' t think of a better way to put that sorry!

It's definitely a good idea to talk about it rather than text, especially about something as important as sorting out money and debt.

• Diefenbaker
    Beginner September 2008
    Diefenbaker ·
    • Hide content

My birthday last year should also have been my 4th wedding anniversary. There's nothing wrong with laughing, or having mixed feelings.

I don't think you should blame the 'other woman' though - it's not her fault at all. If your husband cheated on you, he's to blame - and it's usually a symptom of an unhappy marriage. I seem to remember that you started a relationship within weeks of the marriage split so you must have been equally unhappy - I don't think you can blame the 'other woman' for any of that.

As for sorting things out by text - it's what works best for you both. My ex and I communicated largely by email as it suited us better, and I think we both liked to have the written record of what we agreed as we weren't using solicitors. If things will be fraught, if you talk face to face, it's sometimes better to have it written so you have time to compose a civilised response. Texting seems rather a brief way of sorting things out though....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics