Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2016

Italy or Spain

Nic777, 3 of July of 2015 at 14:08 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 9

Hello,

Really looking for some help and advice in selecting between Spain and Italy for a wedding.

Both countries have so much to offer we are struggling to narrow it down. Also we do not know many of the regions, although we have visted both these countries.

Can anyone recommend good areas to research? Ive looked at the Almafi Coast for Italy and around Marbella for Spain as these are the popular destinations but does anyone know of any other hidden gems close enough to the airports (within 2 hour drive)

We would like to have a ceremony overlooking/on the beach and then the reception in a rustic garden/vineyard location.

Also advice on how other brides narrowed down countries would be fab.

Thanks xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Thomassss, 1 of September of 2015 at 11:18
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not getting married there. But I'm from Naples, so am very familiar with the Amalfie coast. It truly is stunning, breathtaking! ! My favourite places are sorrento, Positano & Capri.

I think Marbella is a bit chavvy, sorry! Italy is the country of love ?

• N
    Beginner June 2016
    Nic777 ·
    • Hide content

You are right and we have decided in Italy, just need to decide where now lol! The Almafi is very beautiful x

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Excellent! Good luck x

• T
    Thomassss ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh ! both locations are awesome but I personally prefer Italy, for weddings I would recomend you checking here: http://www.wherewedding.co.uk/italy/ , we had our wedding at Villa Buciano, really great place and memorable experience ! Smiley smile

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I got married in taormina in sicily and it was beautiful.

• N
    Beginner June 2016
    Nic777 ·
    • Hide content

I have never heard of that place but will look it up!

We have been looking on airbnb at private villas and doing the planning ourselves (as much as we can of it)

Has anyone done this before? xx

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

San Sebastian in the north of Spain is a bit of a "hidden gem" I think. It's absolutely gorgeous, amazing beach and on the Atlantic coast, not the Mediterranean, so something different.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LMDKent ·
    • Hide content

Hi, you can't legally get married in Spain unless you are a resident, so it would just have to be a blessing, however you can marry legally in Italy (often in Italian with a translator) so it really depends which you prefer :-) good luck x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think I would go with Italy howeverfi live in spain part time about a 40 minute drive from alicante airport. My favourite local restaurant is an old paddleboat dropped onto the top of the hill with sea views. It's called the Mississippi queen at la Mata and I think it's on Facebook. It has two decks plus an indoor room built on with sofas (ideal for older relatives) plus a garden area with lots of sails and hurricane lamps etc. Would make a lovely wedding venue and they do doweddinng venue.

Another is called nautilus right on the sea edge. Near torrevieja but far enough out to be quieter. If you need further info drop me an email ************@*****.**.**

• T
    Thomassss ·
    • Hide content

You can compare amazing venues from both countries, just visit http://www.wherewedding.co.uk/italy/ for Italian venues and have a glance on Spanish ones on http://www.wherewedding.co.uk/spain/ Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics