Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

thefuturemrsclarke
Beginner July 2010

Iv had a make up trial

thefuturemrsclarke, 27 February, 2010 at 16:28 Posted on Planning 0 13

And im not sure if i like it.

i feel like a china doll all done up.

i suppose its because i dont normally wear full on make up but i dont feel like me in the slightest. theres nothing about it thats horrible as such, its all pretty normal but i just dont feel right.

anybody else feel like this?

maybe i should just try to do it myself? i dont know, think im gona have to have a few practices on this. or spend alot of time in the mirror to get used to it. i really cant afford to keep paying for loads trials tho.

what do i do?

( i wont be putting up any pics of this btw)

13 replies

Latest activity by thefuturemrsclarke, 27 February, 2010 at 19:56
  • Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Oh Dear, if you don't feel comfy then I'd do your own, you don't want to feel uncomfortable on your big day. xXx

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Maybe its just cos im not used to it, but if i do my own then it wont feel special and il probly just look the same as i always do, and i want something different.

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

I would agree with the above and say go somewhere else for another trial.

my best friend had the same problem and (in her words) ended up looking like a drag queen after her make up trial as she doesn't usually wear any make up and the make up artist had put really heavy eyes on her. she did however find some products that she liked and i ended up doing her make up on the day - she also felt comfortable enough with me to say what she did/didn't like whereas i think with a professional she felt a little intimidated.

another of my friends went for the heavy make up look as she was advised she would look "stronger" in her photos and when she looks back now she says she looks nothing like herself in the pics.

so whatever you decide make sure you feel comfortable xx

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

Ps on the subject of not being able to afford to pay for loads of trials, why don't you book into a department store free makeover session......just be strong and don't be conned into buying all the products after (if you don't want them!!!)

i recommend the MAC ones if you have one nearby, the girls are brilliant and won't try to hard sell at all. Also Space NK are amazing and have loads of brands to choose from.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what i am worrying about. I wear make up every day and worried I'll just look like I am going to work! But my experience of having make up done has made me look like a clown! Will be interested to hear what others have to say, as I don't know what to do either.

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

I felt similar after my trial, I e-mailed the lady to say how I think we should go down a 'less is more' route and she said that's fine etc. It didn't help that when I got home my H laughed his face off at me, saying I looked like a clown etc.

On the day I swear she put just as much on but do you know what? with the hair done, the dress on it looked perfect. I'm very glad I was brave and went with it. The real advantage of having someone to it was it stayed put the entire day, despite over 100 people kissing me on the day, the photos from midnight ae just as good as the midday ones.

I think you should call her/email her and let her know your concerns.

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Hi sarah kay. can i ask who you use to do your make up?

your an essex bride to aint you, not to far from me if i remember rightly.

(if im confusing you with somebody else then i do apologise)

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I agree with what the others have said. If you arent' used to wearing heavy makeup then it will be strange to see yourself like that but I think with everything done - you hair & hair accessories, jewellery, veil, dress etc all on it will fall into place and look nice.

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

Janine Hickey did mine, she's based in Grays but travels to you.

FYI, this was my trial (looking now it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as I thought at the time)

And on the day

Late in the day;

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Do you have any contact details for her? website maybe? x

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.janinehickey.co.uk/index.php

Sorry, forgot to link it before!

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Thanks sarah, you look beautiful. the lady i saw today said i needed strong make up to show in the pics, but obv i dont wana look overdone just normally. its not jst about the pics.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics