Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner August 2013

I've changed my mind about my dress:0((((

vintagerose, 23 September, 2012 at 15:11

Posted on Planning 79

Has anyone else out there had a dress wobble? Bought my dress last weekend in a sale so it's non returnable and now I'm beside myself as I think I've made a big mistake! It's is a beautiful dress but it will need taking up considerably as I'm only 5ft 2 and I'm worried that taking it up soon much...

Has anyone else out there had a dress wobble? Bought my dress last weekend in a sale so it's non returnable and now I'm beside myself as I think I've made a big mistake! It's is a beautiful dress but it will need taking up considerably as I'm only 5ft 2 and I'm worried that taking it up soon much will spoil the flare of the dress, I've also decided that I dont like the neckline as its a v neck lace with capped sleeves and I just feel that it's too modest, that it covers me up too much arghh! My sisters and my mum thinks its gorgeous but I just don't see it, I think I kind of went along with the whole thing as everyone was telling me how lovely it's was and that it was e only one they had and it would likely be snapped up if I didn't get it there and then..... I've been sobbing my heart out every time I think about it! I really don't know what to do! Help! X

79 replies

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagerose ·
    • Hide content

Erm can you see it now?! Sorry it's massive!!

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagerose ·
    • Hide content

That's the gown underneath it x

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

It looks lovely. It's amazing how completely different it looks for the evening. I'm glad you're happy with it, it must've been horrible having those doubts. You'll look stunning!

• LoveBug1950
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveBug1950 ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely dress Smiley smile

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

So pleased that you are happy with the changes. Just goes to show what a good seamstress can do.

You look absolutely incredible and if I had a figure like that I would be proud to show it to the world!

Have the most amazing day and enjoy the rest of your planning after such a stressful start!

x

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagerose ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! So kind! Feel so much happier and looking forward to the big day! Xx

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

Such a beautiful dress, glad that you're feeling much better about it after the changes. Enjoy the rest of your planning!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Vintage rose, amazing dress. A few questions if you don't mind ? where did you get that beautiful belt, is it the original one and how much were you alterations? I know the last part is nosey so if you don't want to share on here would you pm me? I'm so pleased for you, I'm itching to get my alterations done but I don't think that she will do them yet.

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagerose ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we'll I haven't had the bill for alterations yet but the seamstress works from home and its more of a hobby so she said no more than £50!! Which is amazingly cheap as far as I'm aware! I'm glad you like my belt as its home made! I had a plain satin belt that came with the dress and I bought the flowers from H&M and added them myself with a few bits of lace appliqué and some ribbon! All in all the belt cost me under a tenner! I had seen similar belts on esty and online for rediculous prices so decided to make my own! I've also made one for my daughter who is bridesmaid and will upload a pic too! I'm quite pleased you thought I'd bought it as was worried it might look cheap! You could easily fashion your own with some thick satin ribbon and pin the flower brooches on. I took the pins off the back of some of them and stitched them in place. I bought some more of the flowers the other day as I noticed they were back in stock, I'm having my BM wear them in their hair. X

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

The belt is really good, I made my own too but quite admire yours! Here's mine and now wondering if it would be better with the feathers taken off, they're not as dark in real life. I looked at etsy for inspiration too ? I think that I'm going to end up paying more than £50 but your alterations are really good so it's given me a boost to get mine done, thank you!

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content

The dress is great and you look fabulous!! I did like the original but after the alterations it's so much better and I love your belt. Plus you've got a sexy slinky number for the evening too, which you should definitely go with IMO. So glad it's worked out well for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics