Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner February 2018

I’ve changed my mind about my wedding dress ?

Sarasgalaxy, 30 of October of 2017 at 07:58 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello, my wedding is in February, I bought my wedding dress end of September and now I’m not sure it’s right for me. the boutique have said it’s too late to change it, I’ve paid half of it already £850 ??? What do I do? I have seen a thousand dresses since that I feel are nicer from the same designer but still they’re saying it’s too late for me to change. Help.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticPurpleFlowers963, 16 of November of 2017 at 17:50
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Have you been back to try the dress on again? Sometimes it helps x

• R
    Beginner July 2016
    RomanticPurpleFlowers963 ·
    • Hide content

I think this might be a common worry! For me I don’t think I could find the dress of my dreams because I felt very stressed by all the wedding planning and I didn’t have a great deal of support.

I got married last year and I liked a lot of dresses but never felt like I found “the one”. As a result I ordered one 9 months before the wedding that my Mum liked because it was quite nice but then fell in love with one I saw a model wearing at a wedding fair.

I cancelled the one I had already ordered 6 months before the wedding and lost the 50% I had paid as a dress deposit I only got back the £50 or so I had put towards the veil. I then ordered the one I’d seen at the wedding fair despite the sample being several sizes too small, but they take 6 months to make so i has to make an instant decision on it.

When I finally tried on my new dress 4 weeks before my wedding I hated it. It didn’t really suit my body shape, which I could see now that I had one in a style that zipped up. I the brought another dress from a local shop to wear instead.

I ended up wearing the first dress for the ceremony and wedding breakfast and then changing but the second one for the evening reception but so I didn’t really feel I looked my best in either of them.

Overall I regret cancelling the first one. It was not worth the stress of my husband being disappointed I had wasted nearly £1000 on the first dress, and then getting very stressed when I didn’t love my second one.

I think unless you are 100% sure about what you would be getting instead and other people close to you support changing the dress then it is not a wise move. I wish I had just stuck with the classic, simple dress that I chose first as there was a reason I ordered it.

Why did you chose it in the first place? If you loved it then, you probably still will and the doubt you have when you finally try your actual wedding dresses on will go away. If you don’t still fee like it’s the one, why not? It might help to write a pros and cons list.

After ordering a wedding dress it’s probably best to stop looking - at least that’s what Randy from say yes to the dress says anyway!!

Probably the best thing to do is go back to the shop where you ordered from and try it on again and then have a good think. If you can afford it then maybe get another dress from somewhere like David’s Bridal or Wed2Be where you don’t need to wait however many months wedding dresses normally take to make

Good luck making your decision xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics