Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

I've chosen my dress! *Flash* & veil Question!

Alipops1986, 11 of April of 2012 at 20:23 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hello All, Well after a few days of deliberation, I have decided on the following Ronald Joyce Dress. No one has seen me in it yet but I just know it's the one, can't wait to show my mum in a few weeks, I know she'll love it! Plus, it was in a sale at the local bridal shop so only cost £450 rather than £900 ?

I'll try and get a photo of me in said dress next time! My next question is: a) Shoulder length veil with diamonte sparkles on. OR b) Bird cage veil [which I do love, just not sure if it will suit said dress] Ahhhhhhh hurrah that I have you lot to share these things with, else I might just implode today! Alipops xx

10 replies

Latest activity by Hypnopoison, 12 of April of 2012 at 06:06
  • MrsONeill2B
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsONeill2B ·
    • Hide content

GORGEOUS DRESS!

my dress is the same style and I tried on a shoulder length veil (as advised by the assistant in the shop) and it looked gorgeous! When I go for my fitting she is going to give me 3 to choose from (this is my limit because I am rubbish at making decisions) but she has noted down which one I tried on. I too love the birdcage veils but do not think they would look right with the style of dress ☹️

x

• MrsONeill2B
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsONeill2B ·
    • Hide content

GORGEOUS DRESS!

my dress is the same style and I tried on a shoulder length veil (as advised by the assistant in the shop) and it looked gorgeous! When I go for my fitting she is going to give me 3 to choose from (this is my limit because I am rubbish at making decisions) but she has noted down which one I tried on. I too love the birdcage veils but do not think they would look right with the style of dress ☹️

x

• MrsONeill2B
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsONeill2B ·
    • Hide content

GORGEOUS DRESS!

x

• MrsONeill2B
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsONeill2B ·
    • Hide content

WOW! sorry for the three replies! Not sure what happened! x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I'd go for a normal veil instead of bird cage veil simply because the dress is a traditional style. x

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

This!!

I have a Ronald Joyce princess dress and I'm having a 72" veil. I think a longer diamante veil will look gorgeous with this dress! I really wanted a diamante one but couldn't afford it ☹️ but am happy my plain one gives just as nice effect overall!

• MrsONeill2B
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsONeill2B ·
    • Hide content

My dress has buttons all down the back so a longer veil would be too much but i did love them - it's from one extreme to the other with me, if only I could make my mind up! x

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I did try a shoulder length sparkly veil and it did look stunning I shall admit!
  • Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I would go shoulder length and your dress is lovely!

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I would go shoulder length and your dress is lovely!

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

Stunning! I'd go for a 72" veil, so finishing at the base of your back or the bird cage veil. Whatever you choose it'll look fab!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics