Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

August 24 Bride
Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny

I've had enough of my hen Already!!!!

August 24 Bride, 26 of July of 2023 at 11:35 Posted on Planning 1 2

Hi All,

I'm a Aug 2024 bride to be, and honestly already I've had enough of all things HEN already!!!

I created my hen chat in May/June, invited everyone told them my ideas and decided i wanted to go on an abroad hen at start of 2024. I started looked at pricing and stuff and thought here we go.... we're now in July and nothing has happened.

My MOH keeps saying we'll sort it we'll sort it but its all been left to me to search flights / accommodation! I've sent her endless emails of hotels, flight prices and of course the prices keep rising!

It's getting stressful cause my future MIL wants to stay in an apartment (which is cheaper) where as others in the group are saying hotel! My Future MIL has been to the place a few times so she thinks she knows everywhere and knows that's best and has made a few fly comments like well your looking at school holidays that's why its more expensive ect.. ALSO I've changed the date several times, but now at a point where my bridesmaid have put holiday forms in and been approved so i can't change the date again.

I'm trying to make everyone happy cause i do want everyone there, but honestly just having enough of the sly comments from people about other people in the chat! All i want is to scream and them sort it out for me but obviously don't want to say!

My main thing is I don't want people paying ridiculous amounts.... WHAT SHALL I DO?!?!?!?!?

Helpppppppppppppppppppppp xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 2 of August of 2023 at 21:48
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

This is supposed to be YOUR hen do, so why are you rushing round like a headless chicken (pun intended!) trying to make it work for everyone else?

It sounds as if you have already put a lot of time and effort into finding out what people like and don't like and what their budgets are. So now, I think you just have to go ahead and book what works for you. Unless it is way over your original estimated cost, you should be ok. Presumably, your guests wouldn't have booked time off work if they hadn't been happy with the cost.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hey!

So sorry to hear you’re not having a brilliant time with this. It should be fun and exciting!
    Firstly your MOH needs to pull her finger out. She accepted the role knowing what it entails. Adult open honest conversation - she needs to step up. Explain how it’s stressing you and making it in enjoyable.
    Secondly - if a date has professionally been booked with submitted A/L dates then run with it. The last thing you want is changing dates and it may complicate it even more with declined holiday or whatever! Atleast you have an idea when you can all go together.

Would life just be easier if you found a Villa? People can come and go as they please then and should, make it cheaper for everybody as a whole.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics