Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

The Sock Chicken
Beginner August 2010

I've just had a text from Bethan AND ANOTHER UPDATE on Page 4!

The Sock Chicken, 11 of March of 2011 at 22:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 48

Still no sign of baby making an appearance. They have given her a second pessary and will examine again tomorrow. She is very tired, and I think it has been a lot harder for her to see her husband get sent home tonight. They have told her it is unlikely that anything will happen in the night, so she is hoping for a better night's sleep.

I have emailed her links to her threads and told her you all send baby out vibes. She asked me to send you all her love and she is going to pinch her husband's phone tomorrow to read her threads.

48 replies

Latest activity by Wicket, 14 of March of 2011 at 19:29
  • Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Awww what a stubborn little baby....

Hope she manages to get some rest

and baby makes an appearance soon

xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

God, poor bethan, i hope she sleeps well tonight x

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Thoughts are with you Bethan, get as much rest as you can if possible, Tom was born the day after they started the induction process with me so fingers crossed everything will work quickly for you tomorrow xx

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed baby makes a move tomorrow. xx

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Oh Bethan - I hope things start happening today for you. Sending some more BABY OUT vibes for you!!

Mx

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Zippy, Has there been any baby news yet? Lots of baby out vibes for her x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I had a text first thing

Still no sign of baby, but she did get a bit more sleep last night.

I then had another text at 10.20

She has been examined again and although the cervix has softened and things are heading in the right direction very slowly, it has still not opened and they could not break the waters. They have given her another tablet and will examine again at 6pm if contractions have not started by then.

Come on baby, hurry up!!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I dont get it.... why is baby not wanting to come out??? this is enough to put me off having one.....lololol... poor bethan....... i can sense this babys gonna be a nightmare to get up in the mornings for school!

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Come on Baby O'D!! Get a wriggle on!!!

Poor Bethan!!!

Sending lots of come out soon baby vibes to Bethan xxx

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't understand it fully, but I wondered if it had something to do with it not being full term yet, so by inducing, is going against nature so takes a bit longer? I'm not sure. It's not putting me off, but worries me that it is something that can happen, and if they send the husband home at night while nothing happens, it's quite a lonely time.

It is coming, just very very slowly. Let's hope once those contractions start properly, that things progress quickly.

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

You can be induced at any point for whatever reason though I don't know the specifics of this. I was induced when O was 10 days overdue. Inductions do take time. If the pessary fails, hopefully she'll be given the hormone drip which should help get things going though the contractions are more intense than natural contractions iyswim. I hope she is getting some sleep though, she'll need it, bless her.

Come on baby!!!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

It's been three days for her now. Just put the jungle juice up and let her get on with it! Poor Girl x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She's had 3 now! She says they haven't mentioned the drip, but maybe they will at 6 when they come round if nothing has happened.

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh i had this on number 2 ....didn't do much for me, every time worked baby's heartbeat would dip quite some so they kept having to take

me off it ☹️ 12 hours after going into the delivery suite i finally had my little boy at a huge 9lb 10oz

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

The drip didn't work for my SIL either. O's heartbeat was dipping as well when I was on it, very scary when you hear the heartbeat slowing down but the MWs didn't seem concerned by it. I just feel really sorry for Bethan having to go through this for 3 days now.

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

Goodness, I really hope things start moving for Bethan soon. She must be well and truly fed up now. Lots of baby out vibes!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

UPDATE AT 7.15

1 cm dilated and they have done a sweep. They want to try and let her waters break naturally. They will be back in 6 hours (from time seen) to check on her again. Her husband is still not allowed to stay with her as she isn't on the labour ward, but he is sitting out on the chairs outside the ward.

ETA - I should think baby will be here by morning Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Aww bless her.. hope she gets down to the labour ward soon so hubby can be with her..

come on baby hurry up..

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Aw bless her, and hubby for staying outside the ward !

Hope things come along sooner rather than later x

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Hope things start moving soon for her.

hurry up baby!!!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Her brother and his brother are keepng him company

• MrsE
    Beginner November 2006
    MrsE ·
    • Hide content

Oh poor Bethan, sorry it's going on so long. Lets hope things really get going overnight and she can have her H back and her little one by morning. Baby out vibes by the bucketload Bethan ?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor beth

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Come on Baby! We want to wake up to hear you have entered the world!!!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Still no baby this morning!

I sent just a short text saying I hoped all was well thisng morning, and she replied saying nothing happened in the night, apart from the other women she tsharing the room with going off to the labour ward. One had her baby in the loo during the night!!

She says she's a lot more comfortable this morning, so just waiting for the doctor again..

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Poor Bethan, Really hope it gets moving soon. Can't believe one had her baby in the loo!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

This child of Bethan's is going to be stubborn!!

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

She's being very patient. I don't think I could stay that calm ?

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed Bethan that today is the day your little bundle arrives!!!

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Gosh Bethan has one vey stubborn child!! Fingers crossed he/she decides to make an appearance today! Poor Bethan!! xx

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Evening ladies. I have been out this afternoon so unable to update.

11.35am update - Still only 1cm dilated and they still can't break waters. They've put in a 4th pessary which they think will work. If not, they want her to have a 24 hr rest before starting all over again. She has asked about a c section but they said that's not normally an option until after 2nd round of induction.

7.00pm update -Still no change and they want to send her home for 24 hrs. She has declined and has insisted on seeing the consultant in the morning. Things could happen overnight but unlikely. She is going to ask the consultant for a c section.

I feel very sorry for her, it's been 4 days now and as well as being fed up and tired, she is also in pain from all the examinations. I really hope they do something for her.

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

Ooo it all sounds uncomfortable. Good on Bethan for asking for what she wants. Hope she sorts that consultant out tomorrow and gets that baby out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics