Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

grace85
Beginner February 2011

I've started the Cambridge diet.

grace85, 28 of September of 2010 at 08:53 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 19

So today is day 1 of the cambridge diet for me.

i know these next few days are going to be torture but i just need to keep thinking, this time next week i could be half a stone lighter!!

19 replies

Latest activity by grace85, 10 of October of 2010 at 10:52
  • missmidwife
    Beginner January 2011
    missmidwife ·
    • Hide content

Good luck i am debating something like this. How much is it?

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

The programme I'm on is £37 a week but when I've finished this one it'll go down to less then £30. Pretty pricey but the results are amazing. I'm at the end of day 2 and I must admit I feel ok, no headaches or hunger pains as yet. X

• missmidwife
    Beginner January 2011
    missmidwife ·
    • Hide content

I did lighterlife years ago and it wasnt too bad.

How you feeling this morning?

x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Surprisingly ok!

I haven't woke up hungry any morning and haven't needed my shake until about 10 - 10.30.

I'm expecting it to hit me today tho, it's day 3 so all the carbs are going to be pretty much out of my body now!!

• missmidwife
    Beginner January 2011
    missmidwife ·
    • Hide content

Good for you. Are you finding it hard with others eating around you?

I looked at the Tony furgerson one in boots this morning but it works out more expensive and not a great selection.

x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

The tony ferguson is really expensive isn't, i looked at that too. There's so many different flavours of soups and shakes, i don't ever think you'd get bored.

Luckily my OH works until 8.30 so when he's eating his dinner i can go upstairs or something or i've been having my final shake so i've got something when he heas.

We've got his little girl for dinner today and she's having meatballs (my favourite) so tonight will be my first test.

x

• missmidwife
    Beginner January 2011
    missmidwife ·
    • Hide content

Hope you survived the meatballs. Im doing weightwatchers it fine but the weight is taking ages to come off fancy something a little quicker.

x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Good luck Grace, I'm on Cambridge as well. Have done it a couple of times before and am going for my first weigh in tomorrow morning.

Stick with it - the first 3 days are the hardest as you can get bad headaches but if you're almost there and feel fine, it shouldn't come later than that x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Well i survived the meatballs, lol.

I've started experimenting with my food allowence too now so i dont' get bored.

My mouth feels really dry this morning so i'm hoping i'm going into ketosis and have managed to get away with the no headaches.

My first weigh in isn't until monday so i've got all the weekend to get through yet!

That's what i found with WW, i lost about 20lb last year on it but it was like 1lb one week then 1/2lb the next i need quick results, lol.

• A
    andrea69 ·
    • Hide content

I do hope you have success with this diet. But any diet that leaves you feeling hungry is not something most people follow thru on. its all about the food you eat. There are foods that you can eat that dont add to the fat and make you feel full.

http://www.healthnfitnesspro.com/metabolic-type-diet.php

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

How have you found the weekend Grace? All ready for your weigh in tomorrow?

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Yesterday was hard, my mum, dad, OH and his little girl all had chips for lunch, i had to come upstairs, lol. But last night i made a nice dinner of stuffed mushrooms.

Today's been easier but OH is sitting here eatng panis au choc's so i hate him at the moment!

Really looking forward to tomorrow, just hope it's all been worth it.

x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

How was your first weigh in Bobbins??

x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh that's mean eating pains au chocs in front of you! I've taken to going for a bath when my partner has his tea.

I lost 8lbs, soooo happy. I started on the Friday but had a birthday meal on the Sunday and I really pigged out and a takeaway on the Friday night that I started, so that loss was really over the 5 days that I did it properly! You should do really well if you've stuck to it. My consultant said from now on I can expect 3-4lbs a week which is still quite a lot I think. I'm strangely looking forward to my second week, I've made it past the weekend, so far so good!

Keep us updated with how you get on x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I lost 7lbs and 11 inches. Sooo happy. X

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

WOW, that's fab, well done!! Definitely worth it! I've got my weigh in tomorrow, dreading it as I've been ill so I've been on all the cough mixtures etc you can think of and they're all full of sugar so not holding out much hope! x

• S
    Beginner March 2010
    smallvolume ·
    • Hide content

Good luck Grace, I'm on Cambridge as well.

Formal Prom Dress

Wedding Ideas

Cheap Wedding Dress

• missmidwife
    Beginner January 2011
    missmidwife ·
    • Hide content

You are doing so well. Im soooo tempted to do this.

x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Well, I lost 8lbs in my first week and 4 this week, so 12lbs in 2 weeks and my jeans are falling down!!! Sooo happy, def makes it worthwhile x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Well done bobbins that's brilliant. I've had to wait 10 days between weigh in's this time so I'm hoping by Thursday I would have lost another 7lbs. I can order my dress then :-D

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics