Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner

Ivory and Duck Egg Blue

Amber2013, 23 of May of 2012 at 14:33 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone else is having the above as their colour theme? I was thinking more ivory with hints of duck egg blue. Looking for inspiration really, I love vintage styles as well.

Do you think it would look to "cold"... I dont know why but I have an image of blue being cold... odd I know!

Also, any ideas where I can find "duck egg blue" colour card? lol

Thanks

x

22 replies

Latest activity by Jenniz, 25 of February of 2013 at 22:45
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why it would be too cold.

For the samples, try a DIY store and get one of their paint colour sample cards...really handy!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My friend had a duck egg colour scheme and it was gorgeous.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Some pale blues can be "cold' if you paint a room for example but I think a hint of blue will be nice. Duck egg blue has quite a depth & richness about it anyway so won't be cold.

• A
    Beginner
    Amber2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. I think that's what I am thinking re: painting a room... obviously I wont be doing that lol

Has anyone got any good sites to look at for ideas?

Thanks

x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

If you search Google Images for duck egg wedding there are loads of results inc these

Eau De Nil is a similar shade (although more greeny) and this search gives results too.

• A
    Beginner
    Amber2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you thats brilliant ?

• SuziJune2014
    Beginner June 2014
    SuziJune2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I have this colour for my wedding in June 2014. Is anyone else having trouble finding things? I can't seem to find anything in the duck egg blue. Could anyone point me into a place I can find stuff

Thank you

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

My wedding was ivory with turquoise (different to duck egg blue I know) and I was worried about things looking cold, but it looked quite bright and cheerful, we also opted for mainly ivory (biggest blue part was bridesmaid dresses) so I think it would look lovely

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

The sister of someone I know had this colour scheme and it was beautiful. Did not look cold at all.

Good choice :-)!

• C
    Beginner June 2014
    cg090291 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in June 2014 too SuziJune2014 and having duck egg blue as well!

We are thinking of having the duck egg blue in bridesmaid dresses, chair sashes ties etc, but bringing in a dusty pink/pale pink in the flowers to compliment.

I fell in love with this colour and then too thought arghh how is this going to work!

• SuziJune2014
    Beginner June 2014
    SuziJune2014 ·
    • Hide content

I to love this xolour it's the only blue I like. Didn wan to have to settle for another colour. Hopefully I can't find it. I'm having cravats bridesmaid and sashes in that colour and everything else be white. Keep it simple.. Otherwise it gets too much if you know what I mean :-)

• C
    Beginner June 2014
    cg090291 ·
    • Hide content

I have found quite a few bits on google.

What date in June are you getting married?

If you have Facebook you should join our 2014 group - lots of friendly girls on there Smiley smile

• SuziJune2014
    Beginner June 2014
    SuziJune2014 ·
    • Hide content

Getting married Saturday 7th June. You? What do I search in Facebook?

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amber2013,

You should make a moodboard on hitched.co.uk in order to help you choose the perfect colour scheme.

If you go to the members area drop down menu, you should be able to make a moodboard easiliy, using the colours and images that we have saved in the inspiration gallery of the site. Moodboards take seconds to create - and you can make as many as you like!

Have a go - its pretty addictive!

Here is a link to the other moodboards made by members on hitched - https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-pictures/moodboards/

Fran x

• *RisqueM*
    Beginner August 2015
    *RisqueM* ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm having duck egg blue with yellow, possibly sunflower yellow, a it like b:

• M
    Beginner February 2015
    MichelleRhett ·
    • Hide content

The color is Gorgeous! So don;t worry!

• C
    Beginner June 2014
    cg090291 ·
    • Hide content

We are Sunday 29th June. The link (hopefully it will work!) is:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/314094531995527/

If not search for: 2014 brides!

There is over 100 of us on there Smiley smile

• KampKaz
    Beginner June 2014
    KampKaz ·
    • Hide content

Hi date twin suzijune14!

• R
    Beginner June 2014
    Ria.1990 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if this thread is still active but I am also planning on a duck egg blue and ivory theme. Haven't even set a dat (but likely to be summer 2014). I use pinterest and have found lovely ideas on there for this theme. Im planning on using the colour on the bridesmaid dresses, a few hints on my stationery and the men's ties etc. I have also fallen in love with a glass dome/cloche/bell jar in debenhams that i would love to have as my table centerpeices. Would put some ivory and dusky pink blooms inside.Its so hard to find items with just a bit of the colour. heres the link to them: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_304029802894_-1

would style it like this

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

We are having pastel blue and lemon as our colour theme as we are having an Easter wedding. I agree with the others it won't look too cold, especially with all the other decorations.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Not cold at ll, I'd say it might've been bit flat with stark white but the ivory adds warmness. Love vintagey colours and themes, can't wait to see your flashes!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jenniz ·
    • Hide content

I am having ivory and duck egg too!! Was panicking about where i would find a duck egg dress for bridesmaid but luckily found gorgeous one in coast this season!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics