Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2012

Ivory dress, white shirt?

kfair, 7 April, 2012 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi ladies,

Im wondering if this is a really silly question but here goes.....

My dress is ivory, flowers ivory (foam), bridesmaids purple, oh suit is charcoal and hes wearing an ivory shirt and tie, were getting married in cyprus so will be really sunny.

My dd's flowergirl dress is ivory but i cant find an ivory shiry for my ds (5) so my question is do you think if my son, father and best men wore white shirts with their purple ties and everyone else wore ivory it would look odd? or make my dress look grubby? obviously in the sun the white is going to look really bright. im getting a bit stressed about this now and need to get it sorted asap.

All opinions welcome.

6 replies

Latest activity by *sweetpea*, 8 April, 2012 at 14:52
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

No it will be fine! My dress is ivory, Blokes are having white shirts, OH is even having a white shirt with a ivory cravat ? ?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I posted this too when I first started WP! My dress is ivory, the men's shirts will be white, but hopefuly the ivory waistcoat will draw things together nicely. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, you have put my mind at ease. ?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

My dress was ivory as was H's waistcoat and cravat, all the men wore white shirts and it looked fine dont worry!

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    ilovejay ·
    • Hide content

I;m in ivory, suit shop recommended white for the men,

• eeyoring
    Beginner June 2012
    eeyoring ·
    • Hide content

I also wondered about this as my dress is ivory and the bridesmaids are in black and ivory with roses.

OH has bought black suits with white shirts. He's not got his waistcoats yet but was thinking of ivory and I wasnt sure if Ivory waistcoats would work with white shirts but noone else seems concerned.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

EXACTLY this! In fact it didn't even occur to me that it wouldn't match although that may say more about my fashion sense than anything!! Lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics