Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

January Mini-Moon?

11 of June of 2013 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 2

We originally weren't going to go away after the wedding - we just can't afford a full honeymoon straight away so we'll be going later in the year to Mexico. However my dad recently gave us a lovely contribution to our wedding which now means we could possibly afford a mini-getaway for a couple of days after the wedding. We already have a cottage all to ourselves over the weekend, so I'm wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to go in January? I've seen on Groupon a trip to Reykjavik for 3 nights and a Northern Lights tour which sounds amazing, but I wanna scope out a few more ideas first! Doesn't even necessarily have to be abroad. Any ideas?

2 replies

Latest activity by Missmadgiggles, 11 of June of 2013 at 12:05
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking "Iceland" before I even got to this point Smiley smile

What about that ice hotel in Sweden?

https://www.icehotel.com/

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

If it was me I think I would hole up in a fabulous hotel for a couple of nights - not sure where you are but Babington House would be amazing, or Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, or The Savoy! OR I would go to Bray for a couple of nights and have dinner at The Fat Duck.

• Missmadgiggles
    Beginner August 2013
    Missmadgiggles ·
    • Hide content

I'd do Iceland in a heartbeat. I've been there in January before for a long weekend and had an amazing time. Didn't see the Northern Lights, but did go to the Blue Lagoon and had a 4x4 safari round the hills near Reykjavik. All the icelanders we met were lovely and just a bit unhinged. The only downside is the cost of everything out there... like every Scandinavian country, expensive, expensive, expensive!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics