Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious September 2023 West Sussex

Japan as a honeymoon destination

Victoria, 4 of August of 2021 at 21:08 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi ALL,

We are thinking of going to Japan in flower blooming season and would like to know when would be the best time. I'm not a good flyer and worried that its going to be too long. I'm also wondering when or how long to wait after the wedding to go on a honeymoon.

Is or has anyone been to Japan?

How long would you go for?

Where would you recommended?

2 replies

Latest activity by Alice, 6 of August of 2021 at 21:49
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I went to Japan in October/November 2019 and LOVED it. Was supposed to go again this year for the olympics but that was of course sadly gone 😔
    It is a long journey but totally worth it. If you want to go for cherry blossom season then that’s spring (April/May) and will be the most expensive time. Kyoto is the place to go for that, although I’ve been warned it gets very busy and touristy around that time.

Japan is large and far away, so I’d say you need at least 10 days, 2 weeks would be ideal, if you can do more, even better! Tokyo alone is enormous and you probably wouldn’t get to see all of it, so researching what you want to do ahead of time is essential, so you can ensure you book accommodation in the right place. There is so much to see and do.If you are into food, Osaka is a must!There was so much I would have loved to see and do in Japan but couldn’t because of time constraints and the distance between things. It really would be an incredible honeymoon destination, so if you can find a way to handle the hurdle of the flying I would definitely say go for it. Perhaps breaking it up with stop offs in other countries would help?
  • A
    Curious October 2022 Buckinghamshire
    Alice ·
    • Hide content

I went to Japan in March/April 2016 and was honestly the best trip I have ever had and still think about it to this day and I am definitely going back again one day! It was the start of cherry blossom season and was beautiful. I went for about 10 days and still didn't get to see all the sights. I stayed in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto - they are the main tourist attractions. You can get around easily on the trains to visit places and also go on the bullet train! If you stay in Kyoto, its only about 30 minutes to Osaka, where you must look around Osaka train station as its the biggest station ever! That sounds very random lol but they have a massive shopping centre and garden allotments on the roof and you can go quite high up and look at the views from the station. The only downside is the flight as it is very long but is 100% worth it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics