Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner November 2015

Jewellers to melt down ring?

Bridally, 14 of June of 2015 at 16:06 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey ladies

My h2b's mum sadly passed away a couple of years ago. For his 21st she bought him a ring whch he wears every day and means a lot to him. Hes been toying with the idea of getting it dipped (currently yellow gold) so it matches a palladium one hes seen for his wedding ring.

I thought it may be a nice idea to melt down his mums to have his wedding ring made from it so she has a big part in our marriage even if she cant be with us.

Is it easy to get a ring melted down and remade ? Would a normal jewellers do this ?

3 replies

Latest activity by Dazzle, 12 of May of 2022 at 12:26
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

It definitely can be done, although probably not at a high street jewellers like H Samuel. Your best bet is to go into an independent jewellers (the sort of place that makes their own jewellery), show them the ring and ask them about it. If you're anywhere near Birmingham, the Jewellery Quarter is full of places that can do this. They will have to send it away, and it may take a few weeks or so, but it can definitely be done.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Harvey's jewellers in Wakefield offer this service. (Don't confuse them with another company of a similar name!)

You can take the ring there, along with any other old gold and have it melted and made into a new ring.

• Nikkijj86
    Beginner April 2016
    Nikkijj86 ·
    • Hide content

I know Phillip Stoner in Manchester will do it, they offer a design service as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics