Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

Jewellery...how much is too much?

S&K2015, 18 of March of 2015 at 11:06 Posted on Planning 0 11

A very personal choice of course but im wondering how much is too much?

Ive been looking for some jewellery ever since I bought my dress last month and I just cant decide. I definitely want to wear earrings, but cant make up my mind on studs or drops. My hair will be half up half down with a few spiral curls around my face.

Necklace, my dress is a sweetheart neckline so I could wear one, however im wearing a tiara and a veil (worn low at the back of my head) so is a necklace going to be too much or will it finish off the look?

Im going for a classic elegant look rather than ultra modern and want everything to just look right.

Any suggestions would be most welcome....

11 replies

Latest activity by S&K2015, 19 of March of 2015 at 13:54
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

How blingy is the tiara, and does your veil have sparkles? Any bling on the dress? I think all these are things to consider.

I wore a short plainish dress and lace headscarf so I went for a big diamante necklace, and stud earrings to match. I also had a matching bracelet, which I took off as soon as the ceremony was over as it kept catching on the lace on my dress!

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

I am also going for elegant and classy. My dress has a sweetheart neckline as well (with bling right at the neckline and a little on the side, other than that it's just lovely satin) and I am wearing a necklace and earrings, but nothing too blingy.

This is my headband, and my earrings, necklace and bracelet.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I am right there with you! I have bought jewellery, sparkly belt, two tiaras/headpieces and a long veil. All that after choosing my dress because of its simplicity and classic elegance. Now, of course, I am seeing that it all goes against the look into was after so I am now wondering just how little I actually need. That means that most of the stuff I have bought will not be used, but I don't want to wonder where my classic elegance disappeared to!!

sometimes less is definitely more!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I originally wanted cluster drop earrings but it's been a nightmare. Then last weekend I saw Four Weddings USA and one of the brides on there had long cluster pearl drop earrings and the other brides picked up on it and said how they felt they were more party than bridal and I looked again and had to agree. They completed with her dress and hair, so it's decided, for me anyway, that I want something less obvious and something a little more discreet. I might still have drops but they will only be small unless I can get a nice pair of studs that I like.

I would say with a half up do, with curls around your face, that studs would be better

For the necklace, mine is sweetheart too and a very blingy dress. I have a triple string of pearls that fit close to the neck and they really finish it off. With nothing or a very fine necklace, I felt very bare. The pearls fill the gap nicely.

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    latkins120 ·
    • Hide content

I got all of mine from Debenhams - Alan Hannah Devoted. I spent £55 for headband, necklace, earrings and bracelet. All in the sale at a fraction on the cost.

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    latkins120 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry - I also forgot to mention. That my dress is lace with next to no bling and also with a sweetheart neckline. I think a necklace with a point at the bottom (IYSWIM) looks lovely with a sweet heart neckline!!

But obviously - It is all personal preference!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

I was having the same thoughts a little while ago, I couldn't decide how much sparkle was too much
    Problem is I'm used to always wearing earrings, a necklace, my charm bracelet & a watch, I can feel a bit naked if I ever forget any of my 'normal' jewellery ...

I second that Debenhams have some lovely stuff at the moment, I got these earrings and necklace a few weeks ago
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_37484+JRER039018_-1
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_37484+JRNW039019_-1

I also got the matching hair comb as I will be wearing my hair up, and I have a hip length veil which has scattered diamantés over it

My dress does have some sparkly detail, but I found that the jewellery and veil actually compliment it really well
    xx

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

I

h

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

One person's idea of too much is another person's idea of not enough, best thing is to get what you like and then when you get everything on take things away if you think it's too much

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely dress! I think you could get away with more if you wanted. I'd say try it on and if you're happy with it, go with it.

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

It is personal preference and very dependant on your hair and dress.

I always wear ear rings, bracelet, and a necklace, so I will wear all that just more in keeping with the day, my dress and hair (I will have very small drop earrings). I will also wear a headband and a veil that's on a sparkly comb that matches everything else.

My veil is very plain though, no sparkle as I was conscious I had lots of bling going on!

Its hard to comment without seeing.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I think like a lot of people ive been looking at individual things for a while and now trying to see it all coming to ether is a little more tricky!

My dress has a belt of crystals below the bust and a removable diamante brooch at the gather to the train (on my thigh visible from the front) The veil has Swarovski drops on the edge of it and the tiara is Swarovski crystals and pearls. They are all small so its very pretty rather than in your face 'bling'

Before I bought the other bits I was thinking of this set:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/195319409/?ref=shop_home_active_6

But now i'm thinking it will be too much with everything else, so im thinking possibly earrings but no necklace?. Just had a look on the jonrichard website and found these:

/sale-c159

/sale-c159

/sale-c159

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics