Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2018

JJ's House - Help / Opinions?

RachD1987, 7 of November of 2014 at 12:13 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello! I've only recently got engaged, and haven't got anything set in stone for a date yet (aiming for 2018!) and have started looking for a bit of dress inspiration. I came across a website called JJ's House, obviously based in China advertising some beautiful dresses for incredibly cheap prices. I'm very dubious about entrusting something as important as "The Dress" to a website - especially as I've read some horror stories about it, but also some very good reviews. There are also loads of people suggesting all the dresses on there are copies of designer dresses. So basically what I would like to know is, does anyone know if this particular dress is a copy of a designer, has anyone had any good / bad experiences ordering from them, or does anyone know of anywhere offering something similar to this dress? It's the closest I've found to what I envisage myself wearing!! Thanks for your time Smiley smile x

http://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Princess-Scoop-Neck-Sweep-Train-Tulle-Charmeuse-Lace-Wedding-Dress-With-Beading-Sequins-002052783-g52783

3 replies

Latest activity by RachD1987, 9 of November of 2014 at 10:24
  • foxxy88
    Beginner June 2015
    foxxy88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure it will be. You only really have to look at the quality of the image to see that its more than likely to have come from the designers website...

if i were you try your local bridal shops - you might be surprised, and worst case you'll find the style of dress which suits you and you can buy one offline Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

There have been good and bad about this place but the photos I have seen have been really awful

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I can't comment on the dresses as i didn't buy any wedding clothes from them, but i did get my shoes from them. I was really impressed with the quality, so no complaints from me. The only thing was the incredibly slow delivery - 3 months for a pair of shoes? The website did say it would be that long so it wasn't unexpected, i just think it's weird.

• R
    Beginner June 2018
    RachD1987 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I think my POA is to go to some bridal shops and try on some different styles first, so many people say that they ended up with something completely different to what they had in mind, I just want to be sure before I take the plunge! 3 months does seem a very long time for postage, good job I've got a few years to spare!

I might start looking for a god seamstress just in case Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics