Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner October 2025 Powys

Jjs House too good to be true?

Stephanie, 24 of May of 2023 at 23:57 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 8
Hi everyone!
Just a quick one to ask if anyone has (or knows anyone who has) had any experience with JJs House? I have a small budget and saw a wedding dress I absolutely love on JJs House - but is the shop trustworthy? It feels too good to be true to have dresses that look that good for so cheap.

I'm looking at rentals and second-hand too but more difficult to find one that I like/would fit me.

8 replies

Latest activity by Stephanie, 7 of August of 2023 at 15:54
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    I know people that have used JJ's house for bridesmaid dresses. They are fine but quality isn't amazing, as you would probably expect for the price.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, okay. Would you say (or they say) though that it looks fine on photos? But maybe not with a microscope? 😆
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would say exactly that! It would look good for the day, I'm sure there are some lovely ones. High Street also have some cost effective options.
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I bought my bridesmaid's dresses on JJs. I was a little bit disappointed as it didn't look as great as the photos. It's OK but not exactly like the pictures.

• Louise
    Beginner May 2023 Cumbria
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Hi hi! I bought my bridesmaids dress, 13 yrs old and my maid of honours pant suit from JJ’s and all of the main wedding party’s ties. All brilliant. If you need to send things back for bigger/ smaller sizes, it takes about a month to turn around, so do well in advance. I ordered by size, not made to measure. So trouser legs on my maid of honours pant suit too long, but just got adjusted locally. They were honestly great, and I originally had my reservations! Have a wonderful wedding!
  • Georgia
    Curious February 2024 West Midlands
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    I had my reservations but absolutely love the dresses we bought! They come inside out so the chiffon doesn’t snag, and are sooooooo flattering. I definitely recommend using them because I honestly couldn’t find decent bridesmaid dresses for cheaper. We looked in a few bridal shops for them and they were cheaper material which wasn’t as flattering. Defo give them a go! X
  • D
    East Central London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie,

Not sure if you have purchased a dress yet, but David's Bridal Stratford have some amazing prices at the moment as they are closing at the end of the month. I saw this on socials xx

Jjs House too good to be true? 1

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately London is very very far from me - do they do online delivery do you know? I'll check them out online/website in the meantime!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics