Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Savvy October 2024 Surrey

Jobs to make out kids feel important

Rachel, 8 of March of 2022 at 12:22 Posted on Planning 0 6
We have three children and would love to involve each them in some way. By the time we get married, Our eldest ( boy) will be 15, our middle (boy) will be 11 and our youngest (girl) will be 6. Obviously they will be ushers and a flower girl but I feel like I need to give my two sons a job each to make them feel really special as they will be older by then. Obviously we will also have adult best men and bridesmaids. Has anyone done something similar or have ideas please?

6 replies

Latest activity by Yorkshirelass, 8 of March of 2022 at 20:58
  • Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    We get married in June 2023 and we want all the children involved too. My partner has a son who will be 17 and we have x2 children who will be 14 and 8 when we get married. My step son is being responsible for our rings, our daughter is my maid of honour and our 8 year old son is having disposable cameras and is in charge of taking photos. He is autistic so his job is just amazing for him to do. They are all excited to be involved in the day.
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww that’s lovely! I was thinking of having our middle (will be 11 then) as the ring bearer and our daughter will be flower girl so I feel this is enough at that age. I’m just not sure about our eldest (15 by then) 😫 he’s quite mature for his age too x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would get them to be ushers and greet and seat guests, they could also do the photo thing as it is nice to get the candid shots

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If the eldest is a confident speaker you could ask him to do a reading or a speech?

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No he isn’t - he has dyslexia so he struggles with reading. His memory isn’t great either 😂 so even learning what he’s written would be tough. I’m thinking swapping my eldest to be the ring bearer and finding a little job for my middle like handing out confetti or something x
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We are having my sisters three children (aged 3,8 and 10) and my two girls (aged 12 and 14) in the bridal party. My only other BM is my adult sister. I thought this was fairest way to do it without having to choose friends.
    I am not giving any of them anything specific to do except my 14 year Old is going to read a short poem at the dinner. They are all really excited which is lovely to see.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics