Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2018

John Harris Wedding Films - No video!!

SummerRoses1234, 22 of March of 2019 at 22:29

Posted on Planning 39

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has used John Harris Wedding Films (from Surrey) as the videographer for their big day?! We used him as our videographer, paid in full for his services plus an extra hour of attendance and a DVD and he has not completed our wedding video!! It has been almost a...

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used John Harris Wedding Films (from Surrey) as the videographer for their big day?!

We used him as our videographer, paid in full for his services plus an extra hour of attendance and a DVD and he has not completed our wedding video!!

It has been almost a year since our wedding and I feel at my wits end with it... was just wondering if anyone is in the same position?!

Thanks xx

39 replies

• Y
    YourWeddingFilmed ·
    • Hide content

As a videographer of 20 years this shocks and really saddens me !

It does not take long to bring someone in to post out raw footage or to find a company to edit these for him, hoping he still has all the footage.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

This sounds totally fraudulent.

I've read some comments along the lines of 'we are sorry he's ill but...' But if you read this thread from start to finish, it's clear that he's been failing to fulfill his contractual obligations since 2016, yet has still been accepting bookings and filming weddings in 2019.

Bearing in mind the time constraints and physical effort involved in actually filming a wedding, I find it hard to believe that anyone who is physically able to film a wedding is so ill that they can't edit it. It sounds more like an attempt to gain sympathy and put people off pursuing legal action against him.

• J
    Beginner February 2018 South West London
    JS C ·
    • Hide content

So sorry to everyone going through this. We had ours Feb 2018, and mercifully, have received everything we paid for (unedited ceremony, unedited speeches, highlights package). Unfortunately, our experience was all too similar to everyone on here and received it a full 11 months later.

My biggest tip to everyone struggling is to take the following actions (I got mine 2 weeks after initiating this);

1. Send a letter of intent outlining your intent to proceed with legal action under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for a contract breach. Set a deadline (I gave him a week as to be "reasonable").

2. Send a confirmation email if there is no response that you expect delivery on the deadline or you will be sending a formal "letter before claim" to his home address. I can't disclose this publicly for legal reasons, but you can find this on Companies House.

Thankfully, I never had to escalate further than this because he was very responsive over the next few days and weeks and got what we agreed. But after sending a "letter before claim", you would give him a further 14 days (yes, I know) to respond before you submit a claim using the money claims service on the Gov website.

Good luck everyone...

• M
    Beginner July 2017 East Sussex
    Murray-Smith ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Im still trying to track John down and get our video nearly 4 years after our wedding, does anyone still have any sort of contact details for John or Steve (not sure who Steve is but apparently some of you have had better luck with him?)

Thanks

• S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi -
    I’m 3 years from our wedding date and have had no luck! I’ve unfortunately given up as I got nowhere with them and even a court letter did not seem to bother them.
    I did get my video in chapters but did not receive the highlights or dvd copies which were paid for. I’ve tried searching the internet for him but it seems he’s disappeared. Hopefully someone else on this thread has had better luck to help you!I just hope and pray that he never ever works in the wedding industry again. Or any industry where he gets paid and does not deliver for that matter!
  • E
    Beginner
    ExpensivePinkFlowers149 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello, did anyone get any details to be able to make contact? We got married in 2016 and never received everything nor a USB despite lots of emails after. It all went very quiet and I did send emails every so often but nothing!
    now unfortunately my father in law has passed away a couple of years ago and my husband would really like the raw footage of the speeches where my husband made a speech for him and all he had done for him. He wanted to cherish it now more than ever. I really would love to get it Smiley sad
  • S
    Beginner April 2018
    SummerRoses1234 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,
    The only contact I ever had with John was via his email address. The phone number I had is completely dead also!
    Sorry for the loss of your father in law. I can only suggest sending multiple emails everyday. When I was emailing him, I was speaking with someone who was trying to tie together all of Johns failings. I did also get the raw footage so hopefully you can! Even if you contact another videographer to put together a short highlights clip. I really hope you get some footage - I wonder if he is still filming?X
  • E
    Beginner
    ExpensivePinkFlowers149 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for responding. I wish I saw this post sooner as I thought it was just me! And I got married in 2016. So I’m gutted he’s not longer working or atleast under that company and I may have no way of contact. I have his email but it bounces back now which it never used to do before when I was trying in 2017 and 2018.
    Do you have his @jhwf.co.uk email? As that’s what I have and is bouncing back unable to send. Did you have any other contacts or was the other guy helping out using johns email?
    I’m so gutted I have a highlights video.. he send me a couple and our wedding vows but just not the speeches that’s all im after Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics