Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2013

John Lewis or Debenhams Gift List?

morristobe, 1 February, 2013 at 11:58 Posted on Planning 0 8

Which have you chosen or rulled out and why? They both seem to offer similar services but just wondered what peoples experiences were or which you would prefer being a guest?

8 replies

Latest activity by morristobe, 1 February, 2013 at 16:56
  • OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

I chose Debenhams so my guests had the option to go into store to look at the stuff on our list rather than have to buy online because nobody lives near a John Lewis.

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Missusp2b ·
    • Hide content

We have chosen to register at John Lewis. We are VERY biased as we have both worked there as teenagers and its where we met so it seemed right for us!

We know people who have had lists at both Debenhams and JL and the overall feedback of the level of service at JL was better. Our friends were able to return and exchange a wedding gift that had unexpectedly developed a fault some 12 months after their wedding date.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

John Lewis for us too!

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

We think we are choosing John Lewis, it's where our family and friends shop most and a few family members used them and got great service when they did their gift lists.

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    Jinglebride ·
    • Hide content

We've gone with John Lewis too... I was told that Debenhams might charge for delivery of gifts and that put us off. Might not be true but we had to pick between them somehow! We've also heard better things about the service from John Lewis so that tipped the balance.

J

• B2Bspence
    Beginner August 2013
    B2Bspence ·
    • Hide content

We chose Debs. great service and lots of choice, the 50 gift voucher when u reg is also a great bonus! it can be used straight away!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I can't imagine choosing Debenhams over JL the quality of experience of shopping is far superior in store at JL ime. Even the quality of JL home brand stuff is great. As you might be able to tell ? we've registered with JL!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Friends in the past have done the ol' JL. Do live in North London though where you have more JL's than Debenhams! I guess it is really what's convenient and close to you/your wedding party!

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies. JL seems to have the best review by far, but it's an hour away to our nearest store and some of the oldies don't use computers to order online. I think I willnip into a JL and Debs and guage how I feel when speaking to them.I've just been trying to get onto the Debs wedding website all day and it won't let me which doesnt bode well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics