Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Joint Hen and Stag do

25 August, 2012 at 21:43 Posted on Planning 0 10

I cancelled my hen do plans this week and we are instead going for a Joint Hen and Stag Do. Even namewise I am not sure what to call it - I am not keen on the 'Hag' do term.

I was diagnosed with some health issues and am on a three month abstain from alcohol, so a cocktail making class and night of drinking was not something that I could go along with especially as it was to turn into a weekend of drinking. Thankfully though the alcohol ban will be lifted before the big day itself.

Instead me and the OH, who had not got to arranging his do or even thinking of it, decided we would rent out a room in a hotel, provide music, food and a bar. But alas, that is where am stuck - I had a lot of specific plans for the hen do - dares, games and so on and wanting to make these more inclusive, as a lot of couples will be attending.

So any ideas or is anyone else having a joint do?
Also can you think of any decor ideas?

10 replies

Latest activity by MummyMoo82, 30 August, 2012 at 20:11
  • R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

You could call it a sten doo, as for themes you could do boobs and willy's! Fancy dress of some sort maybe tarts and vicars? Then mr and mrs games, maybe even a murder mystery party?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

'Swag doo'= Stags+wives and girlfriends

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Your welcome happy to help, I don't like the term hag either. Just a few more ideas of the top of my head. Could you also have things like twister, dirty pass the parcel, limbo, that game where you need to pass the balloon to each other using no hands, truth and dare, bulldog?

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Can you do some kind of boys vs girls night? Could do some drinking games for those that want to, and have a mixture of things like darts, quiz, ten pin bowling, balloon race etc? You and H2B can be the team captains

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

You should get a tug of war game on the go! X

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

My BiL and his wife did this. The groups did separate things in the morning - the boys went go-karting, the girls went to the zoo - and then in the afternoon we had a boys vs girls photo challenge around the town. In the evening we all made pizzas and had a Mr and Mrs quiz for the bride and groom-to-be. It was very chilled out and worked really well.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

I just saw these on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEAM-BRIDE-TEAM-GROOM-25MM-BUTTON-BADGE-WEDDING-STAG-HEN-PARTY-FUN-/230817271908?pt=UK_Collectables_Badges_Patches_MJ&var&hash=item35bdc81064&_uhb=1#ht_1081wt_702

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics