Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2015

Jon Richard jewellery

Purplecake, 18 of October of 2014 at 17:02 Posted on Planning 0 5

Has anyone ever bought Jon Richard jewellrey? (stocked in Debenhams & his own website..i think he's a bridal exclusive range?)

I've found some gorgeous pieces that i really want but for earrings, braclet, necklace and headband it's coming just under £100 total. My only concern is the description is 'costume jewellery' and they're all silver plated metal - would these tarnish over the years? Or can they be cleaned with usual at home silver polish?

I'd hate to buy a set now and come August 2015 it's discoloured and unwearable Smiley sad, and looking wayyyyy into the future, it'd be nice if they're always wearable for any occasion including for them to be given to nieces/future children to wear on their wedding days. So basically, will they last!? I'm not clued up on the various types of silver plating.

Thank you! His own website has a 10% off this month so i'm hoping to get them with discount if so ?

5 replies

Latest activity by Purplecake, 20 of October of 2014 at 11:33
  • C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I wore it for my wedding in 2013, the set I have hasn't tarnished but I recommend you wait for the sale if you can, I bought all of mine from Debenhams for between 50%-70% off. I bought so much as it was cheap I gave some as a gift!

• B
    Beginner June 2015
    Brooksy ·
    • Hide content

I gues it depends on the individual item, but I was a bridesmaid recently and wore a Jon Richard bracelet, by the end of the night a lot of the silver had worn off the inside and around the edges leaving the metal underneath on show. It didnt bother me as I had the bracelet specifically for the occasion and is not something I will ever wear again, but if I had wanted to, I couldnt now! It cost aroynd £12 (there was 25% off at debenhams!). For me, I would not buy them again, had better quality from accessorize!

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrsmooretobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

If you go on the website they have a code for 20% off bridal jewelley. I bought mine 4 months ago and seems okay but I've left them in the box. I'm only planning on wearing them for one day so not fussed if the get ruined afterwards. The whole 3 piece set cost £45 so I think I bagged a bargain! X

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Jewellery which is plated with sterling silver behaves the same way as silver jewellery and tarnishes over time. This is speeded up by card board or paper so best way to store is in plastic bags or plastic lidded containers. Anything which is tarnished can be cleaned with silver cleaner but the dip is best.

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll keep them bookmarked and check regularly for discounts! I looked on ebay prior to this too but knowing they could be one time wear items i wont be tempted by pre-worn just in case.

Sazzle could you please paste or send me the code you're referring to? I can't see it. Only the 10% off first time order and the usual sales which my items aren't included in. Thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics