Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 2012

July brides .... What have u done ? When u sending invites out ?

kellouloud, 6 of February of 2013 at 07:24 Posted on Planning 0 15

Good morning ..... Im13th July .... Been moving house so fell Im a little behind !

Venue sorted

Dress ordered

Photographer sorted

Decorations sorted

Next is feb half term order bridesmaid dresses and start invites !

When are u guys gonna send yours out .

Xx

15 replies

Latest activity by missmac13, 6 of March of 2013 at 08:23
  • B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to write mine during Feb halfterm and send them the first weekend of March - getting married on a Friday right at the start of the summer hols (26th July).

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

I aim to send mine out early March too!

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

Yaaayy - date twin! I am also 13th July. We are aiming to get our invitations ordered this weekend and send them out as soon as possible. I thought we had loads of time but its one thing that OH is stressing about. I also have to sort BM dresses this month.

So far I have sorted church, marquee, bar and catering, my dress, wedding car, deposit has been put down for flowers, photographer and DJ are booked.

I have really gone off the boil since christmas and have been putting everything off cus I can't be bothered. I feel like I have so much left to do. x

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

Another 13th July here. We are hoping to send our invites out at the weekend.

We have most things sorted now. Just got to find suits and a bridesmaid dress which we are doing next month. Then buy favours and gifts and a few small bits and bobs.

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

We're the 6th and they are going out this weekend! Evening invites will go out in April after we've had our RSVPs back

• wishfulwhispers
    Beginner July 2013
    wishfulwhispers ·
    • Hide content

I'm 27tth July, didnt send out Save the Dates and know loads of familys go away for holidays so wanted to send out invites ASAP. I'm DIYing mine so cutting out the last few and then sticking them all together, hopefully they'll be in next weeks post.

So far I've got:
    Church,
    Hall,
    Catering,
    Chocolate Fountain
    DJ,
    Alcohol,
    Decorations,
    Favour bags (need to order personalised M&Ms nearer the time)
    Wedding Dress,
    Photographer

Feb half term we're looking at a hire place to see the condition of their tables and chairs, also gonna take OH to suit hire place i think, and we'll have a look at florists and cakes then too. Then Easter half term is littluns flower girl outfit and maid of honour dress

• Rhoslyn
    Beginner July 2013
    Rhoslyn ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We sent ours out last week (28th July) but only because as a teacher, lots of our friends and family work in education and were starting to book up summer holidays. Most like to go away in the first week (when our wedding is).

People have RSVP'd quickly though already!

R xxx

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Wow! I feel VERY behind reading this, lol.

I am 6th July. I have everything booked. Bridesmaid dresses are to be bought by the end of Feb.

Groom's presents are to be ordered by end Feb.

Sent out Save The Dates to all our first choice day guests in January.

Our invites aren't made yet. We'll do that this month and send out first half March.

We're away in New York for ten days covering Easter. Then we get back and move house. So the evening invites will go late April.

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    Janeyton ·
    • Hide content

We're also the 13th and are sending invites out in the next couple of weeks. We have venue and my dress sorted, also my flower girl's dress. Still so much to do though...flowers, photographer etc etc!?

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    Jaycinda_1612 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Our wedding is also 13th July, we have got the church and reception booked.

The dress, photographer and car is also booked.

Ive sent my Save the date cards out during back end of 2012 and have got both the Wedding Day and the evening reception invites to send out, I was thinking of sending them out in March.... I am very tempted to send them out now but dont know if its too early.

I have had quite a few problems over the bridesmaids, I originally asked Four people to be bridesmaids, Two accepted the other Two didnt - as they dont like one of the bridesmaids that said yes (their excuse was she is too annoying!!)

So I bought the dresses and shoes for Two of the maids, very nice dresses if I say so myself, then the other Two changed their mind and decided that they would be bridesmaids last month... so ive had to frantically run around seeing if I can get hold of Two more dresses... and pairs of shoes. After all Four dresses and shoes had been purchased a certain bridesmaid wanted me to not sit her any where near the other maid and wanted me to pay for extra cars. All I have had is nothing but agro over the bridesmaids from the start so ive ended up telling all Four of them its too much hassle for me and I wont be having any bridesmaids... Ive wasted a whole lump of money on everyones dresses and shoes, but Im under the moto 'cut your losses'.

Im just so disappointed that its been such a mess about. But I feel better knowing I can enjoy my day without a bad atmosphere from the girls stood with me.

I want to concentrate on the nice things now like the meal choice, mmmm

xx

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    helzbelz200 ·
    • Hide content

We getting married on 13th July. Send the invites out 2 weeks ago. Was such a relief to get them done. Started getting the replies in now which is exciting. We have very strict numbers limit, so if people reject we can bump people up from the reserve list - this is reason why we sent them out early.

• C
    Savvy July 2013
    Charlene82 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married 19th July, and i really do need to get wriggle on as we r getting married on a Friday! seems to b last day of school term, just such a difficult thing to find! where is everyone finding them? i want a theme of birdcages

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    Janeyton ·
    • Hide content

I'm also 13th July. So far I've got the venue, dress, shoes, my car, booked photographer recently, had an appointment with a cake maker and am seeing a florist on Thursday. I've got my flower girl's dress and shoes but my older bridesmaid is going to be heavily pregnant in July so waiting til nearer the time before I buy her dress. We've seen the rings that we want, just need to order and pay for them! This wedding business is so expensive!

I've got the invites but not sent them out yet, hoping to do that this week. So much to do and only 4 and a half months to go! Time is going so quickly.

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on July 19th - think I've got most things done. Though my hitched to-do-list says I have 15 things left!!.......and that's still missing some bits.

I need to start making my invites, then I'm going to send them out next month and ask for them back by June 1st. That gives me time to sort how much cake we'll need and finalise the prices for the food and transport.

• missmac13
    Beginner July 2013
    missmac13 ·
    • Hide content

So exciting.... I am a 12th of July bride and can't believe how fast the days are flying past eek!

I have My dress, Bridesmaids dresses ordered, Flower girl dress, shoes, and hair band

Hair / Make up - booked

Humanist - booked

Venue - booked

Band - booked

Photographer Booked

Flowers - consultation done

Centerpieces - bought

Transport - enquired

Invites made Dutch ones sent last week ? (I am hoping to bump up home numbers depending on replies)

Chocolates for welcome platter and children's favors ordered

Wine - bought

Still to do

Buy more wine ( we keep digging in to it especially over Christmas)

Sort OH and our two boys (kilts)

Hotel

make favors for adults jam / strawberry cider (home brew)

Table plan

Send off ideas for cake (asap)

And I am sure there are lots more.....

Good luck everyone happy planing x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics