Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

June 2023 Brides

Sarah, 23 of August of 2022 at 09:27 Posted on Planning 1 8

Hey everyone!

Any one else getting married June 2023? Where are you at with it all?

I've been in a quiet period as everything is done that can be done at this stage... I've had a lull for the last 3-4 months and missing having something to do or think about wedding wise lol

Next on my timeline is October where I need to order a sample bridesmaid dress from my supplier & get FH to start at least looking at suits! Then my first dress fitting is November (there is a lot of work needs doing to it) I can't wait to put it on again.

I then have a few days off over my birthday in December where we are booked in to give notice to marry and choosing/buying our wedding rings Smiley ring (could be the best birthday ever Smiley shame )

I know I should probably appreciate this slower time as in Feb/March next year it looks busy with hair/make up trials & I am also making the invites and stationary for the venue myself.

8 replies

Latest activity by Samantha, 6 of June of 2023 at 09:03
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Hey I'm July 2023 and have been thinking about this recently!

We've basically decided to spend this time staggering our costs as much as possible to avoid it feeling super overwhelming next year, so:

- Choosing wedding rings (this is a longer process than I thought, turns out I'm indecisive haha)

- Centrepieces and table decorations (we're not using flowers here, so are gradually accumulating different things to be the centrepieces and photo frames which we'll pop a menu in per table)

- Gifts for the wedding party (as long as not clothing - currently researching necklaces and things like that)

I've also designed our invites but do find that I keep tinkering with this! The other thing for us which may be less relevant to you is writing the ceremony as my friend is officiating so this is on us - but what might be relevant to you is certain sections of it like choosing the readings (and who is going to do them), investigating what version of vows you might go for, and anything non-traditional you want to include like a shot or something.

Hope that helps! Smiley smile

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I am also a June 2023 bride. I had most things booked over a year ago and we already have our rings, so the last few months have been slightly slow on the wedding planning front. I have just sent out my invites so that's kept me busy in the last week.

Also there are lots of extras I need to buy, so I have been buying bits every month to spread the cost. This include decorations and bits for my hen do, wedding thank you gifts and other things like the guestbook etc.

I'm currently looking at ideas for my welcome sign, as I'm considering making it myself and we have meetings with the church to sort the ceremony.

October is next for me too as we are going to pick my fiancés suit.

In the meantime, I'm basically looking at ceremony related things, like the music and as I'm having a church wedding we need to pick hymns and readings. If you haven't thought about your ceremony content yet, maybe this is something you can do?

• Victoria
    Beginner June 2023 Nottinghamshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies , How are you all getting on with planning ?

I cant believe its almost June. Im feeling a bit tense now !

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Victoria,

What date are you in June? I'm the 10th so just over a week to go!

Everything is all done for us with just collecting the mens suits next Thursday and dropping bits into the venue on Friday morning and collecting my dress.

I had a weird week just over a week ago where I was really mardy and tense but seem to be relaxing more the nearer the day gets.

The only issue I am worried about is my hair and make up lady. Her reviews are really good as is her work. I booked her about 1.5 years ago and appreciated slow communication as after all my wedding was ages away. In December last year I emailed her asking for when to schedule my hair and make up trial and it took her over 6 weeks and multiple messages from me to get a reply! The week of my trial which was 5th May I emailed her to ask a few questions, like what i should wear, bring and how she would like payment and again radio silence!! No reply... she called me at 9am the morning of my trial (trial was at 10am) to say she had just seen my message and am i still attending? (Like yeah!!) When i got there she was lovely, we got on really well (i was there for 4 hours) I was really pleased with my hair and make up and we created our schedule for the wedding morning. She is doing mine and 3 bridesmaid hair and makeup. She mentioned a style to do for the two younger bridesmaids (my step daughters) but couldn't find a photo to show me. I asked her to whatsapp it to me.... we are now 4 week since and nothing..... I reached out to her via FB messenger so I could see if she had read it on the 16th May - she read it but not replied so I whatsapped her simply asking how she was and if she managed to find the photo as the girls and I would like an idea of what they will look like again she read it no reply...

I don't think i'm being unreasonable this close to the day wanting an idea of what my bridesmaids will look like.... with them being 12 & 15, the 15 year old in particular who is at the age now where she is self conscious and aware of her looks I want them to be happy with the hairstyle. I worry that on the day she'll spend the time doing it then they will hate it and not have time to redo it. Anyway stress I don't need but there you go

• Victoria
    Beginner June 2023 Nottinghamshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sarah ! Our date is 24th June .

You sound organised ! very well done !

We have teenage girls too , 13 15 & 16 and hair and makeup had been much harder than i thought it would be ! I had a make up trial and hated it , cancelled her the next day. Luckly my friend who is incredible at hair and makeup is stepping in .

Our girls have had a bit of a trial but Im still dreading them hating it. Id definately ask her again for the picture and run it past the girls.

My dress only arrived last week ( supplier delay) it has a weird blue mark on it but im thankful that it fits !!

Im hoping I start to calm down next week , id like to enjoy thhe run up but it feels stressful

Vic

xx

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I had my day on 1st June 2023 and it was thr perfect day!
    My advice to everyone is don't stress the small stuff. It really doesn't matter on the day. I was so particular about the set up of the guestbook and other things, but the venue sorted it and how they did it look great.
    I felt so calm on the day and just enjoyed everything. I can honestly say it was the best day of my life.Enjoy the run up because the day goes so fast. Also I recommend taking at least 10 minutes with your new husband in the day to just be together. There is so much going on and people are pulling you in every direction so it's good to get some alone time.
    Also don't worry about your table design, menus etc. They look pretty for about half am hour and then every sits down to eat and then no one notices if your menu stand is gold, white or any other colour haha!
    Good luck to all the June 2023 brides. I hope you all have the best day!

• Samantha
    Beginner June 2023 Leicestershire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    Hi all! Our big day is the 18th June so it’s all very real now. So nice to hear you enjoyed the day Kirsty Smiley smile
    I have a similar story to you Sarah. My hair and makeup artist is shocking at communication. I still haven’t had a schedule from her and we’re two weeks away now. So I don’t have a clue what time we’re all needed in the morning. Her communication was quick throughout the enquiry process but it feels like as soon as the booking was confirmed, she lost interest and the admin side of it just dropped off the radar. I’ve chased her on Instagram recently because she’s always posting stuff, but she’s not responded. I wasn’t hugely thrilled with my trial so now I feel a bit deflated with having to chase her as well.
    I hope all of us hear from our suppliers soon 🤞🏻
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you heard anything yet Samantha? I text my hair and Make up lady again this morning ( as still no reply from my read message from 2 weeks ago on whatsapp!) I really hope I get a reply as with only 5 days left to go I really will be on edge if she is even going to bother turning up :-(

This is the one thing I have hated the most about wedding planning... dealing with suppliers

• Samantha
    Beginner June 2023 Leicestershire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    I haven’t heard 😕 I also feel guilty about chasing suppliers but I’m trying to reassure myself that I’m not being a bridezilla by wanting to know details this late in the game. I hope you hear soon! Have you considered contacting other suppliers as a back up? Or have you got a friend that could do it as a last resort?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics