Has anyone had any problems with them?

xx

20 replies

Latest activity by agentblackcat, 19 July, 2010 at 16:48
  • agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress from them in January in their sample sale - dress was in perfect condition. Was advised to make an appointment to have it properly fitted a few weeks later - but did not see the point when my wedding is next July. Everything ok?

• inalein
    Beginner August 2010
    inalein ·
    • Hide content

I went and tried a few dresses on in there. Found them very nice and helpful. But bought my dress somewhere else as they were a bit dear. HTH x

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys.

It's a very loooong story! They were fab when I had money to spend but not when I had a problem.

The owner/manageress refuses to speak to me now, as she basically guaranteed me that my dress was correct when I knew it wasn't.

But, "pronovias are a top designer" so there's no way some wee numpty like me would know better...!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Have you spoken to trading standards or called your card company if you paid via a credit card?

Is the dress still in the shop?

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

To be honest with you - when I was at their sample sale i thought the manger/owner was really rude. She looked at me like I had two heads when I asked to see something in their current brochure. The shop was empty at this point and I was on the verge of buying my dress - money up front. She was also really aprupt. The sales staff are lovely however.The fact they wanted to charge over 300 for alterations too. I did buy my dress but its in my Mum's house and I will be getting it altered locally.

What have they done to your dress? xx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I used Altergirls near the back of Slaters in Glasgow for the alterations for my dress and my bm's. My alterations in the bridal shop were going to cost around £400 and alter girls charged £140!!!

They have a very good reputation.

• J
    Beginner
    jayarr ·
    • Hide content

I only went to Roberta Buchan for BM dresses but they were very helpful and lovely. Anne Pricsilla were also nice (have heard some people say girls were bit rude) but my girl was lovely and really helped us! My friend bought her dress from Eleganza Sposa and they have an excellent reputation. Also, Pronovias and Angalique Lamont I have heard good things from (although never went in myself) I got my dress from a couture shop.

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

It's the manager I'm having the problem with.....

The short version, i don't know if anyone will remember, but my OH and I separated last year, wedding cancelled etc. I had to collect my dress when it came into the shop. I was totally devastated and could hardly see through the tears. The sales asst advised me to check the seams of the dress. The bag was unzipped, but the full dress not taken out.

I know it's my fault for not checking it better at the time.....

The wedding is now back on, so I need my dress!!!

The front of the skirt is meant to be beaded. The sample one is beaded and the one on the site is beaded. Mine is not. The manager has been really rude and dismissive. She was all up for discussing it with me while she thought she was right. I felt like she was constantly taking the pi** by using inverted commas when referring to the "error" in my dress. Once I sent her the photographs of my dress (which she GUARANTEED me would be correct) and she realised that I was right about the error - she emailed me and told me not to email again as she "wouldn't reply"

I assume I'm too late for trading standards as I picked it up ages ago...... I'm pretty stuck.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

She sounds like a right cow. Have you contacted the designer direct with your complaint? They might be more inclinded to listen.

Still speak to trading standards and if you used a credit card phone them because you just never know what they might say. I'd go down to the shop and take someone with you and demand an answer as to why your dress is different to the sample. It's unbelieveable they can even try to ignore you.

Are you sure the person you are speaking to is the owner of the shop?

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately it is def the owner. The dress was pronovias - I could always try to go through them....

She's usuing the fact that I didn't check it properly at the time as her get out....

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Definitely go to Pronovias. People like her need to be challenged and unless you don't want to pursue it I think you need to try all methods possible for making her accept the issue lies with herself. I doubt Pronovias will be happy if a dress of theirs is being mis-sold and that is what she is doing by giving you something which isn't the same as what you ordered.

Really hope you get it sorted but it sounds like you are in for a bit of a fight but please don't accept her trying to fob you off by making you feel think it is your fault.

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

I am definitely in for a fight!!!

I definitely want to pursue it. I've threatened to contact The Judge at the Sunday Mail... Might just do that too!! I'll get on to Pronovias in the morning, such a stress the wedding is 7 weeks away!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Why not contact The Judge. I'd write a letter to the owner and post it Special or Recorded Delivery so you have a signature for it being received. Tell her the steps of action you will be taking and that might make her realise you mean business. Keep us posted!

x

• little-miss.scatterbrain
    Beginner January 2009
    little-miss.scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

To be honest when i was getting married i had only ever heard negative things about june brides so despite living in shawlands i gave it a wide berth. got my wedding dress off the peg at panache and had my alterations done at star stitch on millar street was 825 for the lot and star stitch do your alterations within a week!! x

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

I contacted the Judge last nite!

Little-miss Scatterbrain, I wish I'd heard before now!!!

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Kirstin - how awful. She is very rude so can understand where you are coming from. Please keep us updated, glad i went with my instinct and am taking my dress else where for alterations x

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

I totally understand that I should have checked it more thoroughly, but I was in such a mess.......

This is the big section that's missing.......

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

It's a lovely dress Kirstin. They can't deny (or shouldn't deny) something is wrong with the dress when bits are missing! Outrageous. x

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Its a fabulous dress - I agree with PG on this can't not see how she can deny there is nothing wrong when clearly something is wrong - beads are missing. Contact pronovias and see what they have to say x

• Kirstin
    Beginner September 2010
    Kirstin ·
    • Hide content

I have now emailed pronovias too. Here's hoping they'll contact her or something....!!

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Good Kirstin -hopefully they will sort it outSmiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics