Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2015

Junior/Tween Bridesmaids Dresses

SunnyPinkConfetti310, 11 of June of 2015 at 07:35 Posted on Planning 0 6

I've just added my OH's cousins to the bridesmaid line up. I'm not dressing them the same as the adults, because I'm not paying the exorbitant price of the kids version of the dress. The adults are wearing dark purple with silver shoes/jackets so the younger ones are going to have silver dresses with the colour of shoes and jackets to be confirmed.

One girl is 9 and the other is almost 12, and the wedding is in 6 months. The older one has reached the stage where she's growing in all directions, so she is too mature for a child's dress, but the other isn't at that stage yet so isn't mature enough for a small ladies dress. They need to match.

Any suggestions as to where to look for dresses? I don't want to spend more than £100 each, and I'm looking for silver and floor length. I'd prefer them to be chiffon but, given my other demands, I think I need to be flexible on this!

6 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkConfetti310, 12 of June of 2015 at 09:41
  • L
    Beginner September 2016
    lpcr ·
    • Hide content

Have a look online at bhs, debenhams, try asos aswell there are quite a few high street shops now that do wedding I think m& s do plus coast and monsoon have sales

Other than that there are a few online bridesmaid dresses I have seen lately but may be worth asking on here if anyone can recommend x

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply. Coast and ASOS don't do kids clothes, and one of the girls I'm trying to dress is very much still a child. Monsoon don't have anything suitable and I'm not convinced the older one would fit into the age 12-13 dresses I've seen in store. Debenhams had nothing and BHS had nothing ?

If anyone can make an other suggestions, or recommend an online company that would be great, there's so many dodgy ones!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about getting them made? It doesn't have to be expensive. My junior bridesmaids dresses (aged 9, 11, and 12) are costing £50 each to be made - I supplied the fabric, total cost about £80 each.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I know this isn't full length, but the back is stretchy to accommodate a growing chest.

http://www.very.co.uk/little-misdress-embellished-maxi/1458201862.prd

A few silver ones on this site, but none full length:

http://www.justdresses.co.uk/index.php?inc=1&cat=45

Others on here recommend light in the box, but haven't used myself:

https://www.lightinthebox.com/narrow/floor-length_v1282t0/silver_v1377t0/junior-bridesmaid-dresses_c1987

• R
    Beginner May 2016
    RomanticBrownHair306 ·
    • Hide content

For Him and For Her looks good - it's really difficult with the ages. I've got an adult, two teens (one mature for her age, the other still dresses very young) then two kiddies. Trying to mix and match but so hard. Looking forward to hearing suggestions from people on what is good for this age group. TK Maxx have good funds but may not be possible to get two to match.

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

M&S have some lovely ones. Mine (aged 16-30) have these. http://www.marksandspencer.com/bodice-multiway-skater-dress/p/p22305560

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately, I'm really not flexible on the length of the dresses - the other bridesmaids are wearing long dresses so I want the young ones to as well.

I've found some on eBay which I'm hoping might work out, as they do the same dress in junior and ladies sizes, and unlike many I've seen the style is grown up enough for the older one but not too grown up for the younger one. The seller is in the Far East so it's a bit of a gamble but the reviews are good and they accept returns.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics