Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cat In A Teacup
Beginner August 2015

Jury service and narcoplespy

Cat In A Teacup, 30 of November of 2013 at 10:58 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

I know that most of you are probably on your way to the Birmingham meet (lucky sods!) but I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I received jury summons this morning but I'm not sure if I am allowed to go due to my narcolepsy. Obviously I can't predict what I will be like on the day so I am just a bit concerned that me falling asleep could jeopardise the trial. I tried calling the offices but they are closed over the weekend, there is no information on their website that is helpful. I will obviously try calling them on Monday, but I'm just getting a bit panicked, I hate things being out of my control!

Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by ~Peanut~, 30 of November of 2013 at 12:15
  • Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't panic over it; I imagine it'll be a straight yes or no from them. I imagine they'll have a list of qualifying ailments which would excuse you. Don't worry!

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

You have a medical condition that they will have to make allowances for. When does the Jury service start? All you can do is inform them and then they'll have to decide whether to replace you. Try not to worry about it though.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt worry too much. Normally I think you need to make them aware of medical conditions then it'll be up to them to decide. Either they'll say you don't need to go or they'll make the call that theyre ok with it. Either way it then becomes their decision.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Two entities that should never be mixed. Although I imagine that jurors fall asleep quite often...

I predict an exemption.

• Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too. Wasn't there a case recently which was thrown out because a juror fell asleep?

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone Smiley smile

Yeah I guess they must just have a list of conditions that qualify for exemption. I don't mind either way, I just don't want a case to collapse because I fall asleep Smiley winking

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry, I can imagine they'll let you off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics