Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jane
Curious November 2022 Suffolk

Just

Jane, 12 of June of 2022 at 19:13 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2
I didn't invite my aunts and uncles and cousins to my wedding as i couldn't afford my immediate family (in the philippines) flight and accomodation to where i am(uk)...like it would just feel wrong to have my aunts but not my mom and dad... im feeling crushed.. my mom says i should still invite everyone so i left a message in our family group chat apologizing for not inviting them in fear of covid. also saying that id send them a link once i find out how to stream my wedding... so far everyones given me the cold shoulder and i feel stupid.. im just a bit crushed and lost..

2 replies

Latest activity by Clare, 13 of June of 2022 at 07:19
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's your wedding and it's very understandable that you wouldn't want more distant relatives to be there if your parents couldn't be. It's sad that your family don't seem to understand this. Don't let it get you down. You weren't being stupid - they are the ones who are being stupid to be so unnecessarily rude and hurtful. To be honest, I would not want people who behaved like this at my wedding anyway!

• C
    Curious October 2023 Bristol
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    It's your wedding at the end of the day and you'd hope people would be happy for you regardless.
    I get a sense a lot of people in general with weddings feel entitled to many things but they're not.
    I can appreciate why you feel unhappy but you've reached out to them and said about streaming it. Focus on the people who are there for you and happy for you. 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics