Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner February 2014

just back from a dissaponiting florist app

starbright, 12 February, 2013 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

Just come back from my 1st florist/venue styling appointment and i have come out of there very dissapointed☹️

Firstly i had to travel over an hour to get there, and must say it really was not worth it.

Its really hard to explain why, but the person just had no charisma, i didn't connect with him at all, and felt that he turned his nose up at all my pics, i showed him, fair enough if he didn;t think it would work, thats fine, but he didn't give me any ideas either just sort of turned his nose up until we mentioned the budget we had at the end, and then his tune changed!!!

from the way he acted i come out so deflated and felt that my ideas are not going to work and need to change the theme☹️

I wouldn't mind all i want is a winter wonderland (snow/ice) them in feb 2014, but he was just like, no one had that in feb!!!!!

can i just ask are all florists like this, or was this a one off!!!

Thanks x x x

12 replies

Latest activity by starbright, 12 February, 2013 at 20:00
  • Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

Sorry you had such a rubbish experience, I would definitely go somewhere else there are lots of wonderful florists out there who will love to be involved in your day! I only went to see one florist so can't say much about experiences I had, my florist was wonderful they listened to what we liked and showed us slide shows of different weddings they had done that they think suited our style. I totally stalk their blog for ideas too and they are always gushing about how lovely the couples they work with are so you can tell they care.

keep your chin up its their loss, you will get someone better!

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

That sounds like a nightmare! Definitely look for another florist, you'll be able to find one who's really enthusiastic - your theme sounds great! I think the guy you've seen today just sounds a bit useless to be honest, if he didn't like your ideas but couldn't suggest an alternative I'd really look for someone else.

Am sure some brides on here could suggest florists to try, where in the UK are you?

Ali

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

We have the venue flowers as part of our package so had to go with one of their suppliers for these flowers but didn't have to get any other flowers from the same supplier. They had 2 florists on their suppliers list and the first we spoke to had little to no enthusiasm which I wasn't impressed by at all, The second couldn't have been any further the opposite, she was really encouraging ( possibly even excited ) when I told her I had a few ideas of my own for the venue flowers by needed guidance, she spent AGES with me giving advice, really inspired me, it was this enthusiasm that made me order all our flowers from her.

Went visiting suppliers I do think it is important that you consider how well you "gel" with them as well as looking at value for money. You'll probably have to communicate with them several times during the planning so have to feel comfortable around them.

Hope you have better luck with the next florist!

L x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Which area was your florist in?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No we aren't! Definitely try others. Winter wonderland is a great theme for February (look outside LOL!) Don't let him put you off. Unfortunately, some florists do come across as only interested in doing certain designs and frown upon anything different. I know a lot of florists and some point blank refuse to do anything but hand-tieds because shower bouquets are 'too much like hardwork' (or worse still don't know how to make them) and some don't like doing anything out of their comfort zone. Stick to your guns and look for someone you can 'gel' with (hate that word) but it's important that they interpret your ideas properly for you.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Don't be too disheartened hun! at least you know you definitely won't go with him, not all florists will be like that at all! Just cross him off your list and go and see some more florists Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I just got back from a florist (and saw another florist yesterday) and they were both AMAZING, really lovely and down to earth, totally got us and our concept.

So no not all florists are like what you experienced.

• MrsOh
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsOh ·
    • Hide content

Shame you had a horrible first experience, ignore the first dude - if he didnt seem excited or interested cross him off the list and find someone who is genuinely interested in your ideas.

I like your idea and it would suit a Feb wedding really well...

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

They are definitely not all like that. I work with some amazing ones. Would you like some recommendations for the area you are in?

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    lily1982 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you had such a disappointing appointment.

I had a similar experience. I met a florist at one of the wedding fayres recently and talked through some ideas and she came across as very excited and keen to work with my ideas and budget. i met up with her and reiterated my budget as we have budgeted not much for flowers and didn't want to be given the overall cost and find that we couldn't afford it etc. She was very keen and charismatic and said that we could do this and this etc but when i got the quote through she hadn't even taken into my account the budget, used the most expensive of flowers and was £300 over budget. i was extremely disappointed.

I went to another florist the following Saturday and she was amazing- she took into account my budget, and didn't try to talk me into something that I didn't need. She actually came in under budget. The plus side - she gave me a book for all her work and at the back she had stuck all her thank you letters from very happy customers. I instantly made my mind up and she hasn't let me down.Smiley smile x

• S
    Beginner February 2014
    starbright ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for making me feel better?

I have decided to stick with my theme, as the previous post said its feb and look outside, there is snow lol, so not a totally of the wall idea, the annoying thing is, this company was going to do everything for me, and they are one of the preferred suppliers for my venue (Wasing Park) and other people have raved about them, so maybe my theme is not something that they are used!!

Any florist recommendations would be great, im getting married in Wasing park which is near reading in berkshire, so anywhere near there would be great.

thanks again, you have all cheered me up?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics