Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Just Cancelled my wedding........... Family Feud

22 of February of 2015 at 20:30 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello Hitchers,

I have just cancelled all my wedding plans. Everything was organised and we were ready to pay deposits for

everything but due to family on one side kicking off we have made the decision to call it off. Luckily we havent paid for anything but my dress

but after the arguments and the behaviour of some people we are back at square one. I don't want to look at anything wedding related

and wonder if we will ever get married. I am exhausted and emotional and luckily my mum and dad have been amazing despite the

other relations being disgraceful. Any advice for dealing with the wedding that won't happen?

I am upset about it and have a blessing to just go get it done but I thing I might regret just nipping to the registry office on my lunch break?

CityBoy has been amazing, I don't know how he copes!

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 22 of February of 2015 at 23:18
  • Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Go abroad with your OH and your parents and have the week of a lifetime Smiley smile

or, have the wedding here you always wanted and don't invite the troublemakers. It may be hard, but your day is for you, no one else.

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    MrsWatkinsToBe ·
    • Hide content

I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the moment and I feel very sorry for you that you've had to cancel your plans. I'm glad your parents and future husband have been amazing for you.

Have you considered getting married abroad with some locals/your parents as witnesses? Or eloping?

Hope you manage to find a solution.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh dear, sorry to hear you didn't get it sorted.

Exactly this though. Take a couple of weeks break, then look at it from a different viewpoint

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I am sorry you have been made to feel this way and I can understand you not wanting to look at anything weddingy just now. My advice, for what it's worth, would be to take a few weeks, months or even years (if you need them) to let everything calm down and then start again - look at getting married abroad, or eloping to Gretna if that is what would make you happy but make sure it is the wedding you want, not the wedding other people think you should have xxx

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Maybe eloping would be right for you. Have your dream wedding with just the two of you and no one else to ruin it. Maybe a place like weeweddings.co.uk in the UK or somewhere abroad.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with what's been said. Go abroad with just your parents and have a beautiful wedding somewhere amazing

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics