Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

freb2reh
Beginner July 2011

Just for fun - carried over the threshold

freb2reh, 11 February, 2011 at 19:25 Posted on Planning 0 13

As it says, Do you think or would you like OH to carry you over the threshold? And those Om's were you? Personally, I think it would be a lovely, if a little old fashioned, thing to happen.

13 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 12 February, 2011 at 08:16
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be lovely*

*if boy wasn't freakishly leg-weak for a cyclist, we didn't live in a crappy rented house** and I knew he wouldn't be able to support even his pint by the end of the night....

**this is the main reason. Maybe when we buy somewhere nice, I'll make him do it.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I think its quite nice but would be worried if MrMini couldnt lift me, am perhaps a but sturdy?!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I'd break his back!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

My OH would put his back out trying to carry me.

I hate being picked up anyway, so I wouldn't like it.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

OH will probably sling me over his shoulder in the most unladylike fashion!!!

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

Ok dumb question alert... Does the groom carry you into your first night hotel or into your house after wedding / honeymoon (we're not coming home before honeymoon). If after honeymoon I reckon we'll be too shattered for him to even consider it - and that's from jet lag before you start thinking of any other 'exhausted after hineymoon' reasons Smiley winking

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I suspect tradition dictates that groom carries bride the first time they enter the marital home, which would normally be after honeymoon. But I have been at lovely weddings where bride has been fireman-lifted out of the disco, where bride has been carried out of the bar etc. I think, at ours, we will drink for a bit afterwards (at our hotel), then I will convince him it's a right good idea to try to pick me up and carry me valiantly to bed...

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely all of the above for me!

I weigh more than my H2B...

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

He carried me over our cruddy rented house threshhold and then did the same again at our new house a month later!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

The only time my H2B has picked me up like that he dropped me into a puddle!

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I asked my oh if he was going to we bouth weight the same atm so i dnt think he could carry me he seid hed hold my hip and i can sort of jump lol

My BIL carryed my sister but he had so much to dirk lifted her up put her over his sholder and drooped her on her head.Then spent the rest of the night in A&E as she split her head open.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I was carried over the threshold of each house we've had - even the one we bought to rent out (and therefore weren't ever going to stay in!). I'm sure he'll do it when we're back from our honeymoon too.

I think I was carried over the threshold as a newly engaged woman, too. This memory is slightly hazy from fizz though...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics