Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2012

Just married ! :D In elgin, Scotland - some recommendations for future brides in this area ! :) x

MrsFD, 14 August, 2012 at 15:30 Posted on Planning 0

Hi there ! I have just got married this month yay and wanted to pass on some recommendations for brides-to-be in this area ....

Inchberry Hall - this was our venue , very well set up and the people that run the hall were so friendly it was a great place to spend our special day

Highland Occasion by Design - Marie and her team dressed the hall with fairy lights, table cloths, fab centre pieces and chair covers and did a beautiful job - the hall and marquee were absolutely transformed !

Double Scotch ceilidh band - wow these guys were brilliant , great at getting everyone up and dancing, and teaching the out-of-towners the steps for the ceilidh and also great disco tunes at the end for everyone to have a boogie

The Ice cream parlour in fochabers - came to our evening reception with their ice cream 'bike' and the ice cream went down a storm , really glad we had them there and they have an amazing range of flavours - we had white chocolate and passionfruit, lemon meringue pie, cookies and cream and also a G&T sorbet, yum

There was only one dark cloud on our beautiful day - we went with a company called Good Highland Food for catering and while the food was mostly good they missed quite a few things and were unprofessional and unhelpful on the day, ie/ even unwilling to light the candles on the tables

But after over a year of planning we didn't let that spoil our day though ! And everything else was so fantastic we really did enjoy our day- the only thing I would change is to try and make sure for peace of mind that all the companies we booked were recommended which is why I thought I'd share my experience for those future bride and grooms ! Hope this is helpful xoxo

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics