Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KristaltippsHall
Beginner February 2011

"Just Married"/Exit music

KristaltippsHall, 16 April, 2010 at 21:40 Posted on Planning 0 12

I know this question has been posted a million and one times in slightly different guises but I need inspiration!

I really want something uplifting played when were married, when we leave the room to sign the register - its a civil ceremony, no religious stuff or restrictions.

Were not having traditional/instrumental/classical music at all but I'm really struggling for this, I want it to be something meaningful obviously, but I also want something that will take people by surprise, make them smile and laugh.

The "You and Me" song seems to be popular at present, I know a couple of people who've been to weddings recently where thats been played so thats out.

Any ideas?

12 replies

Latest activity by aliaisp, 17 April, 2010 at 17:57
  • Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

I orginally wanted Happy together by the Turtles I believe but I really want something a little more modern as most of the songs we're thinking off are quite old. Also like Better when we're together by Jack Johnson but think its a bit too slow.

I'll watch this thread for inspiration too!

• AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

We are having 'Happy Together' by the Turtles. It's perfect!

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

Same thing, same time Autumn Rose!!

• AutumnRose
    Beginner
    AutumnRose ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhh great minds Blackkat!!!

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Im struggling with this too! My other half jokes that he wants the garage song 21 seconds by so solid crew ? so keep going ladies!!

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

OH without hesitation said "Me and You Versus the World" by Space, which I do love, and it is one of "our" songs, but I worry that people wont know it, so it wont work as well as something popular.... I love the Happy Together idea, but it wouldn't work for us. Thing is he has very "alternative" musical taste and wouldn't even entertain the idea of some of my beloved crap!

I'm really struggling with all of our music choices and really wish we met in the 80s and had made eachother mix-tapes now! at least then I could just go "these are 'our songs'" I've been sat going through wiki - fndng out what was out around the time we met!

Did find Santana "Smooth" which is quite upbeat and I remember dancing to that quite a bit when we first met... What about Jump Around by House of pain?! ?

• Cornelius
    Beginner
    Cornelius ·
    • Hide content

Only song we could decide on that we both love is Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

OH and I are seriously considering 'the things you do for love' by 10cc... its as close as we get to an our song.

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I think we're having Crazy Little Thing Called Love, the Michael Buble version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBByNVP88XY

This could change though as we're always umming and aahing about music!

• tigeresslady
    Beginner
    tigeresslady ·
    • Hide content

We had queen's Don't stop me now!

• Weesie3
    Beginner March 2011
    Weesie3 ·
    • Hide content

Brian Ferry Lets stick together! Smiley winking

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

great choice! i want this for first dance!

happy together is a potential for us, other songs like 'i'm yours' or 'lucky' aren't very well known so not sure if we'll go down that route... also depends on what our musicians can play!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics