Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner November 2014

Just RSVP already!

Hisgirl, 15 of July of 2014 at 21:58 Posted on Planning 0 24

<BRAT RANT>

I don't care that the deadline is 2 months away, you have had you invite for 3 days at least (some of you for several months) and most of you haven't RSVP'd yet. Come on, get a move on! You should know that our wedding is the only important thing in the calender this year. We set up a wedding website and gave you an email address, street address and phone number to make it easier for you. USE THEM!!! Oh, and telling my mum or dad wasn't actually an option on there.

</BRAT RANT>

Ok total bridezilla rant but we get really excited when we get the RSVPs in and I want them!!! lol

24 replies

Latest activity by fayef, 22 of July of 2014 at 09:46
  • pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Me too! Postie stalker I am lately. My RSVP date is 31st July and only had a quarter back.ARGH!!!! Xx

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Mine is july 25th and still waiting on at least a quarter of them

And don't get me started on the evening ones!!!! Just because it's only an evening invitation, I still need to know numbers!!!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I think the evening guests are the worse. We've been invited to several other weddings and are waiting on most of their replies (surely they would know better?) so I have made a point of getting their RSVPs made and sent to them within a couple of days.

Hope you all get yours through soon and don't have to do too much chasing x

And (another bratty, pouty point) hardly anyone has sent RSVP cards and I really wanted them to keep. But I do realise I am being rather unreasonable on that point lol.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Haha, my RSVP deadline was yesterday. There are only 2 people who haven't replied - my brother (who we also asked to be an usher and do a reading, no response although my mum tells me he's bought a suit!!) and OH's brother!

• Hmcx
    Beginner July 2014
    Hmcx ·
    • Hide content

I sent rsvp cards in stamped addressed envelopes with my invites. My rsvp deadline came and went and iwas still waiting for half of them back!

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Smithette2b ·
    • Hide content

Our RSVP date is Saturday, they've had over a month and we have a grand total of 4!!!!

i knew I ran this risk with not including the RSVP card but come on, it's really annoyed me!

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

This is something I am absolutely dreading.................. I like to be on top of stuff and track everything on excel. Finding out who was coming to my engagement party was hard enough as well as people cancelling the last minute, and that wasnt head count/cost critical.

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Smithette2b ·
    • Hide content

Everyday I'm eagerly awaiting the postman but nothing :-(

Even our parents haven't rsvpd!! I know it's a given that they're going to be there but if that's how it works then there's no need for us to send invites in the first place!!

I'm getting more and more annoyed with each day!

Sorry for high jacking, just need to vent!

Should I put something on fb to remind people or just resign to the fact that on Sunday I'll be texting everyone? In which case I should've just saved myself to time and effort of making the invites and sending them in the first place!

Wow, I'm more annoyed about this than I first thought, lol!

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

With one week to go we were still waiting on RSVPs from a third of our guests!! I emailed them all and most replied once I had reminded them but there were a couple who I really had to chase. So annoying!!!

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

With one week to go we were still waiting on RSVPs from a third of our guests!! I emailed them all and most replied once I had reminded them but there were a couple who I really had to chase. So annoying!!!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I put a subtle reminder on FB, saying how I was loving getting the RSVPs back. Obviously too subtle and hasn't kicked anyones backside to do it, even though some of them liked the friggen post. grrrrr.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

Love it.

As for RSPVs go I have a cousin who said he his son and my aunt who is wheel chair bound couldn't make it. It was only speaking to another aunt that it came out aunt in the wheel chair was still trying to find someone to bring her. She didn't have a clue her son who is also her carer had declined the invitation. Went down like a lead balloon. Just glad we found out before it was too late organised her a lift and now she's coming.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone else find that the worst culprits are the people who have organised their own weddings?! They were the ones I had to chase.

A little strongly worded email or text along the lines of "we didn't hear from you, so we assume you're not coming" might work? It worked for a couple of ours who were then hugely apologetic.

• K
    Beginner November 2014
    Kwal ·
    • Hide content

I am so glad that's it's not just me!! Invites been out for 2 months, RSVP date 1st August and I've had hardly any back!!! People have been on Facebook chatting to my family about the wedding and that they will see them in November etc and still haven't had the decency to RSVP... Would be even more annoyed had I sent them stamped addressed envelopes! Smiley winking

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

I eventually got all my daytime invites back a few weeks ago so can actually plan tables and stuff. But evening ones went out with a deadline of the 31st July and not one reply yet. I know the people that are coming but when you say RSVP no matter who they are they should at least do what the invite said. Makes me mad, i would never leave it this late to reply to someone, half the people are married and been through it all as well so they should be the ones with the quick reply :-(

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

My RSVP was April 16th...

Im still waiting!! Had to chase up loads of people and OH cousin really annoying me!! Basically saying she won't know until the day if she can come (well passing this message on through family) or if she will bring her boyfriend!

You can't just turn up on the day if you feel like it!!!! There's the seating plan and menu choices argg!

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Smithette2b ·
    • Hide content

Why do people find it so hard?!?!

My date is tomorrow and out of the 50 people invited only 9 have confirmed, that's not to say the others aren't coming they just haven't replied!!

At this point I'd be happy with a text or any acknowledgement!!

going to be sending lots of texts tonight!! Gggrrrr!

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

Our invitations went out in early February, our deadline was the 25th April. We still haven't heard from 37 people…. I'm not chasing them, I'm just not making them place cards, and thus they aren't getting food (I had a proper bridezilla strop over this. Most of the culprits are H2B's family - brothers and their families. All they had to do was write their own names on, tick a box and post. We even put the stamps on them!)

I've had three families decline for evening, but nothing from people that are attending! I know some people are coming, but none of them have actually told us - we just know through other people!

Bah!

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Everyone invited to the day do has rsvp'd except one of my sisters, the bestman, chief bridesmaid, oh and every single member of H2B's family!!! Deadline is next Friday, and there are menu choices on the RSVP so no RSVP no food!!! Lol

had a few evening ones back even though the date for those is 2 weeks later, but I gave to admit before I went through this I was one of those totally guilty of not physically sending an RSVP to evening invites!! :-/ believe me I will respond within a week next one I get!!!!!

I am also stalking the postie, although I after all the eBay/amazon/etsy purchases I've made recently I feel I know him well enough to invite him as well lol!!!! :-)

xx

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

We have just over 10 days to go with ours & have only had around 1/4 back. We are really limited on numbers for the day and so are holding back some invites for evening guests incase some people decline and we can invite them to the day. Only problem being that if people don't respond either way it's a huge risk to send out extra day invites when the hotel won't allow more numbers!

The people who I thought would be terrible at responding have replied and it's close friends and family who have been slack!

X

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd put something on FB, and text people too!

I don't understand why people don't reply quickly and properly to wedding invitations. It makes me think why do we bother spending so much time/effort on the invitations!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Oh for god's sake!!!! I told OH that some of his relatives hadn't RSVP'd yet so he rings them and then grins at me, expecting me to be all happy because they have now told him they are coming!

Grrrrr!! I've messaged the ceremony people who haven't replied yet, including my own SIL who damn well better be there because my nephew is a pageboy!!

I am about ready to scream at the evening people who haven't bothered to even look at the website, let alone RSVP. They have until August 2nd which really isn't that far away. They've only had the darn invitation for 2 months!!! I'm still waiting for 26, which doesn't seem that many until you add on all their plus-ones, husbands/wives and children.

Why is it so difficult????

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I caved and just messaged some of those that haven't RSVPd yet! Just my cousins though and they know I'm really impatient lol.

Can't believe how close some of you are to your deadlines without RSVPs. Day after deadline day I will be on the phone lol x

• fayef
    Beginner August 2014
    fayef ·
    • Hide content

Our invites went out in December with our Christmas cards, with a deadline to respond by the 30th June (even though we don't need to confirm numbers till 30th July). 6 months and 2 gentle reminders later, and we are still waiting for people to respond...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics