Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KristaltippsHall
Beginner February 2011

Just spotted on BBC News! Bristol wedding reception to be held at KFC

KristaltippsHall, 12 February, 2011 at 20:00 Posted on Planning 0 10

A Bristol couple will be celebrating their wedding nuptials on Saturday with a bucket of chicken and fries.

After tying the knot at the city's register office, Gareth Pritchard and Kalli Buchan will be having a reception for 30 family and friends at KFC.

The wedding party will walk to the restaurant in their full regalia.

A fast food reception has become a family tradition for Miss Buchan whose parents celebrated their wedding with Egg McMuffins at McDonald's in 1989.

Mr Pritchard said they came up with the idea simply because it was different.

'Cool idea'

He said: "I've spoken to the manager and he's informed all the staff and they seem ecstatic at the idea of us being there. I think it's going to be a really fun day.

"It's only five minutes from the register office and I think 30 of us walking there will be quite an amazing scene to see on a Saturday afternoon."

Miss Buchan added: "We're getting married at Bristol Register Office at 2pm and plan to be at KFC at 3pm because that's the end of their busy period.

She said her friends had laughed when she told them: "They think it's a cool idea. I'll probably have a Fully Loaded meal."

Miss Buchan's parents, Davy and Madalene, said they had their reception at McDonald's because of financial necessity.

But they said they were happy with the couple's choice of venue.

Mr Buchan said: "We walked from the old register office to McDonald's and people were coming up congratulating us in the street. A group of Americans said, 'my God we thought you English were so reserved'.

"We stopped off and went into Superdrug on the way in our full outfits with the wedding party then carried on."

Mrs Buchan said: "It's nice to carry on the tradition I suppose seeing as we started one. I'm looking forward to the chicken."

10 replies

Latest activity by charliebird7, 12 February, 2011 at 20:44
  • S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Literally just seen this myself- unbelievable! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-12440948

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

WTF (sorry too shocked to type anything else)

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Really??

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

I no! I was sititng here watching it with my mouth opena nd laughing my heard off!

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

That is naff isn't it. I love KFC as much as the next person but not for a wedding. I'm all for different but thats too far

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds ermm.....great!?

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Okay then......what ever floats your boat i guess ?? ?

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

I wonder if theyre then having a disco or something at someones house or a town hall or....?

something surely?

Well, we always tell eachother you can do exactly what you want, its YOUR day!

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

My OH got very excited when he heard this...............he would love a KFC reception!!!! I told him it doesnt go with the english afternon tea we will be having...............?

He was then promptly told to keep his ideas to himself........I love him really.

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

I was in KFC today..hmmm maybe I should have dressed up.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to go to the local kebab shop after ours but it wasn't big enough. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics